“3 Night Stay”

Quality Inn and Suites Quantico
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 17 September 2013

As stated I recently stayed for 3 nights with a friend. We had 2 queen size beds that were extremely comfortable although my companion would have liked a full size pillow rather than 4 smaller ones that were provided. Room was clean and made up nicely every day. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would have liked a couple of outside chairs to sit on while waiting. Room had a small fridge, coffee set up (But I usually had the coffee provided in the lobby since I was just around the corner). Breakfast had eggs, sausage, home fries, cereal, fruit, various juices, yogurt, bagels, English muffins and bread for toast. Located off the main drag it was quiet. No problem parking. Easy on/off 95. Lots of place to eat within easy drive. Would stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank catwoman27
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn and Suites Quantico

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The only reason to stay here is if you are passing through this area , are exhausted, and have a pet with you. Maybe they deliberately neglect the pet friendly rooms on purpose. Anyway, the room was shabby, the bed ( king size) left us both with backaches. We arrived too late to be able to get a decent meal in a restaurant since all were closed . They had a small table with thermos type containers on it. Even the "hot" water was cold . So we couldn't even get a miserable cup of coffee. Thinner towels you will never find or smaller pieces of soap. Also found a variety of dead roaches ( at least they were dead).

Didn't bother with the "free" breakfast which was not ready at 6:20 am. No coffee ready to go at that time either. Try to leave Fido or Fluffy at home and stay at the Comfort Inn right around the corner if you are passing through Stafford. It is palatial in comparison.

Room Tip: Maybe if you don't have a pet with you, you would get a nicer room. Can't say.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JoyJackie
Reviewed 22 July 2013

On our trip back to Massachusetts from Florida, we drove as far as we could and booked this hotel at the last minute. It was a wonderful location, right off the highway. Immaculate. The room was just perfect. Warm cookies at the front desk, modern and well kept. The best Quality Inn we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights and loved it. It is in a great location just off 95, but not too close. There is tons of shopping and places to eat all around. The breakfast was great. The rooms were clean and modern. The only thing I wish it had was a pool. That would be the only thing that keeps me from staying here again. Other than that, it was a great week.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is an "average" hotel and certainly the epitome of "you get what you pay for." The truly disappointing factor with this hotel is their management philosophy. They are far more concerned about making an extra $10.00 then they are having repeat clients or referrals. Let me explain: I needed two rooms for only one night. I had guests arriving from the west coast early on "check in" day and I asked if we could get the room keys early so they could shower and drop off their luggage for an event that day. Their answer, absolutely not, pay for the additional night. Mind you, this small, two-story hotel was nearly empty when we went to check in and about empty when we checked out. So, since I needed the rooms for my family, I paid for an additional night (two rooms) I really didn't need. Then, that night, at 10:00 PM, they called the other room, where my parents were asleep and warned them that if they didn't check out out in time, they would be charged an extra $10.00 per hour! What absurdity. What "quality" hotel calls a room, especially that late, to tell them there's a charge for staying late. Sure enough, we checked out the next day at 12:30 PM and I was charged an extra $20.00 per room for checking out late. When I complained about the call to the room, that woke up my parents, they shrugged their shoulders and simply said, "sorry," now pay. They were far more concerned about getting their extra $40.00.

Also, I called to ask for additional towels. Their response, "sure, come on down and get them yourself." So much for customer service.

I would suggest comparing rates of the hotels surrounding this property. There are a number of them and many of my colleagues and their families stayed at these other properties and were much happier.

Sorry, I cannot recommend this hotel. As a side note, two different times (once at night and once early in the morning, I found the lobby clerk asleep on the floor behind the counter. They are obviously too cheap to pay for security in the evening so they utilize their front counter clerk to ensure you are safe in your room at night. Just great. Sound asleep on the floor. (Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the employee asleep. It would have been a great photo for this review.)

Room Tip: This is a small hotel. You only have two floors to pick from and one side of the hotel looks out on...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank qwikfire
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel was clean and quiet but we did experience some problems. Check in was problematic. We were assigned a handicapped accessible room with one bed when we specifically asked for a room with two beds. The front desk clerk appeared to have no idea which rooms had been cleaned and which ones had not at 7:00 in the evening. Half an hour before check-out time the next morning, another staff member knocked on our door. She said she was reminding us that we should check-out in the next half hour, and asked if we wanted to stay another night. Strange situation. We can't recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ukpa0hde
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My husband and I, and members of our extended family stayed two nights in this hotel to attend a loved one's funeral at the national cemetery nearby. Pet-friendly hotels are hard to come by in this area, and even if they do allow pets, there's a huge surcharge. This Quality Inn only charges an extra $20 per night. Although the website states only small dogs, we saw some during our stay that were the size of small horses (smile). We booked a suite for extra room with our dog. It included a small open closet without doors, small fridge, small microwave, a single serving coffeepot, a flat screen TV, couch, coffee table, king bed, desk & chair. Bed was wonderful - mattress was nice and firm. The room did have free wi-fi. Bathroom was REALLY small, but the shower was very nice and the shower head fantastic! Breakfast was good and was put out at 6am instead of the stated 6:30. It included hot eggs, hot sausage, hash browns, waffles, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. Coffee was available 24/7 in the lobby. In the evening fresh cookies were available as well. Our biggest gripe was the smoking rooms. Most of our family were in the same wing and all of us commented on our noses being assaulted with smoke smell when we arrived and throughout our stay. Our wing had two smoking rooms which happened to be occupied. It was awful. Several of us complained to the front desk (as we were all in non-smoking rooms). We did get them to spray some air freshener.... Another (small) gripe was that being a pet friendly hotel, there outside landscaping certainly wasn't pet friendly. There grassy areas were way overgrown and our dog didn't even want to walk on it. You can tell this hotel has seen better days as the rooms are showing wear and tear, but overall, even with the smokers, our two days were very pleasant and if a dog owner, we'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Might be more quiet on the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family