“Comfort food”

Jin's Garden
Ranked #63 of 137 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Jin's Garden is wonderful to eat in or have delivered. We do both depending on our mood. The food is always first rate and the restaurant is always elegant and clean!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We dine in or take out from Jin's and have always had good experiences. If server is sometimes distracted, we simply ask for what we need, but that's rare. Latest visit, Melinda, was excellent - pleasant, quick, attentive, polite. Our dinner was served HOT, and each item was delicious, just too much to consume so we took the rest home. Jin's is clean, nicely decorated, comfortable booths - our favorite Chinese restaurant when we're in Stafford/Fbg area, and they have discount coupons each month. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Went in on a Tuesday night. Jin's Garden is small place that appeared to be doing most of their business as take-out. That said, the dining room is very nice. There are about 20 tables/booths, all well spaced with adequate light (but not glaring). The hostess/cashier also acted as the waiter that night. She was quite friendly and efficient.
I had steamed shrimp dumplings (6), a bowl of steamed rice, and an order of hot sake.
The food was hot and delicious, the pour on the sake was generous, and a complementary pot of tea was included.
The price was less than $15 (including tax), which made for an extremely good value.

I will definitely be going back to try more of their food.

1  Thank JC F
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Plenty of parking.
We were asked once shortly after we received our food if we needed anything. At the time the answer was no .Server never came back to our table. As I had ordered Tea a cup and pot were brought. Unfortunately my table mates choice of beverage soon was drained and sat empty through out the meal. It was not busy and before dinner time and we were the only patrons in the place! If the service was bad the food did not fair any better.
My veggies and rice ---- Bland
My company had Sweet and Sour Chicken --- I was surprised when they said it was pretty much tasteless.
We sat and waited and waited for the bill forever---
I excused my self to the restrooms....nice and clean and hot water ....
When I returned the bill was finally paid, they said they got tired of waiting and called someone over.
Very unimpressed to say the least.

2  Thank oncearoundtwice
Reviewed 3 February 2014

After an absence of a couple of months, stopped in for lunch with our Woodbridge friends. Again, plenty of tasty, hot, fresh food at more than reasonable prices - a cut above all other Chinese restaurants in the Stafford-Fred'burg-Woodbridge area. Our lunches of Orange Chicken (wish the outstanding crispy Orange Beef was also on the lunch menu!), Triple Delicacy, Hunan and Broccoli Beef and Hot and Sour soup once again did not disappoint. And our waitress today was especially wonderfully cheerful and helpful. And once again, our friends remarked how clean the restaurant was compared to many others, which a trip to the men's restroom further validated. Having eaten here several times, my only quibble is with the ambience, especially if the owners would like to attract more sit-down customers instead of only takeout. Though pleasant enough, the atmosphere is a bit plain - there's a paucity of Chinese/Oriental interior decorating/ambience: biggest example, the walls are expansively bare except for a couple of TV's. I think adding some additional Chinese/Oriental decorations/pictures, etc would do wonders, and make the restaurant more warm and inviting.

Been to Jin's Garden? Share your experiences!