“Don't go for the food!”

Good for: Bar Scene
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't go for the food!”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This place is more of a loud bar then a restaurant. We made the mistake of going for dinner and had to sit and listen to loud, terrible Karaoke. It took a long time for our food to come out, even though the majority of the crowd was only their for drinks at the bar, and the food tasted like something from a frozen food bag you would buy at target. Don't go for the food! Looks like they have a lot of regulars for the bar though, so you may want to check it out if you're looking for a beer and some entertainment.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank JLRuckus

“Intolerant”
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

I was called out as a homosexual when I'm not even close. The owner came up to me and my friends and called me gay when I was not. The bartender took all of our drinks and threw them in the garbage as soon as he heard the word "gay." This place is intolerant, militant, and violent. Avoid at all costs!!

4 Thank Jrc52
Culpeper, Virginia
“Owner's Nephew is a Coward”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I was dining at Paddy's and observed some young men who appeared to be home on leave. I later found out he was wounded in the war in Afghanistan. He was defenseless and then I observed another young fella who later I found out to be the owner's nephew try and pick a fight with the young Marine who was wounded!!! What the hell is wrong with people. Then the owner Paddy said as I heard him "He only has one crutch" Well Paddy now you will have one less customer. I hope word gets out about this incident and you lose a lot of business. turd!

• Visited March 2012
5 Thank chuck s
Lancaster PA
“more bar & grill than steakhouse”
Reviewed 30 June 2008

We had a large group of people and I was looking for a "local" restaurant instead of a "chain". Paddy's was able to make room for us in a separate room. This was great because the term "steakhouse" is applied loosely here! This is really just a big bar that serves the locals and the local marine base.

The food was good and we had a great server. The people in our group that were happiest with their meals were the ones that actually got steak. They got a large portion that was tender and juicy.

The restaurant advertises an "Irish" theme, but other than the name, Paddy with a "D"....There isn't too much Irish happening here oh yeah except for the Guinness on tap!

2 Thank abby57
Stafford, Va
“A nice visit to Ireland!”
Reviewed 15 June 2007

Paddy’s of Stafford Va, is a quaint bar and grill with an Irish motif. If you enjoy a great Sheppard’s pie and a cold Guinness this is the place for you. It has the image of an old world pub with the modern hint of a sports bar. The walls are covered in murals of Ellis Island landings, 911 dedications, and U.S. Marine Corps memorabilia. If you are a sports fan, especially New York Yankees fan, you can enjoy some of the most popular events right there with over a dozen televisions and a spectacular sound system. The owners, Paddy and Helen are 1st class entrepreneurs with a dedication to their customers. Belly up to the bar with Paddy and let him give you his latest story of Irish slant and you’ll be laughing along with the rest of the regular patrons. From Black and Tans to any mixed drink, from a simple salad to a juicy steak, you’ll enjoy this atmosphere plenty. I would recommend this pub to anyone who is looking to relax, eat well, and enjoy a sense of camaraderie not found in any other place.

10 Thank GunnerOB