“DISGUSTING!”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Good for: Bar Scene
Reviewed 6 March 2013

What a shame! We ordered a burger and Rueben and he recommened the soup of the day "french onion" . The soup came and the salt content alone wouldve made me take a trip to the er with high blood pressure! When I told our waiter (and I used that term loosely because we had to flag him down everytime we needed something) and told him about the soup, he said the owner was in the back and she just made a new batch would we like to have that, we said no thank you. You shouldve brought out the new batch to begin with! How disgusting she would even serve the soup and "try to get away with it" . Maybe I can serve substandard food and they will pay for it. Tsk TsK! The restrooms were in horrible conditions, they claim to be a marine bar but I would suggest Our men in uniform to use the bathrooms in Afghanistan over their bathrooms! What a shame to try to serve our men this food and use these bathrooms! The owner never came out to apologize for the food and we were charged for the soup even though we told the waiter we didn't want it. He told us he didnt charge us for our $1.49 drink but our soup that we didnt eat was $4.49! When he came back with the bill he slammed it on the table and walked away! WHAT A WAY TO TREAT OUR MEN IN UNIFORM! SHAME SHAME! PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANYONE HERE WITH THIS SERVICE AND WITH THEIR SCAMMING OF FOOD!!!!!

3  Thank April L

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have been going into Paddy's for a multitude of years and really do not understand the reviews here. One, the entire family has basically served, or is currently serving in the Marine Corps. Two, the place is full of active, former and retired Marines, most of which are higher ranking. There is no way they would abuse a Marine, especially someone wounded. There are jokes and teasing that go on, a reviewer may have witnessed something they didn't understand or a long standing teasing with the person. Most that come in, have been coming in there for years or in their former bar Rooney's for years. The food is bar food with a few special items that are quite tasty (chicken, Paddy wrap, Whitefish when they have it, burgers..), it's Stafford folks. They have some really good food, and always reliant on who is cooking and such. I haven't had food in there that was horrible or that I sent back. If you come in early, it's not that loud, on the weekend nights, yep, it's a bar. If you know the area and you know the place, you know it's a place for Marines and locals to come and sing and have a good time.

What you don't see every day is that the owners close up shop for Thanksgiving and feed the local orphans that don't go home for the holidays. They invite the Marines that are standing duty or can't go home, have invited folks in who were out looking for a place to eat on Thanksgiving Day. They host and participate in St Baldricks every year, raising over $30,000 each year to fight Children's Cancer. They support Wounded Warriors, anything Marine Corps related and other fund raising events.

Sure, you may not get a 5 star meal every day, and it might be loud and manly in there sometimes, but if you had knowledge of the history of the place and the people that go in there, for a good meal and good company, you won't let a few disgruntled folks keep you out.

You know it can get loud at night, and not everyone sings great on Wednesday or Saturday night, they have lots of tv's for football, good wings, good food and great owners and locals, try it out for yourself.

6  Thank Bettyboop22554
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This place is more of a loud bar then a restaurant. We made the mistake of going for dinner and had to sit and listen to loud, terrible Karaoke. It took a long time for our food to come out, even though the majority of the crowd was only their for drinks at the bar, and the food tasted like something from a frozen food bag you would buy at target. Don't go for the food! Looks like they have a lot of regulars for the bar though, so you may want to check it out if you're looking for a beer and some entertainment.

2  Thank JLRuckus
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

I was called out as a homosexual when I'm not even close. The owner came up to me and my friends and called me gay when I was not. The bartender took all of our drinks and threw them in the garbage as soon as he heard the word "gay." This place is intolerant, militant, and violent. Avoid at all costs!!

4  Thank Jrc52
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I was dining at Paddy's and observed some young men who appeared to be home on leave. I later found out he was wounded in the war in Afghanistan. He was defenseless and then I observed another young fella who later I found out to be the owner's nephew try and pick a fight with the young Marine who was wounded!!! What the hell is wrong with people. Then the owner Paddy said as I heard him "He only has one crutch" Well Paddy now you will have one less customer. I hope word gets out about this incident and you lose a lot of business. turd!

6  Thank chuck s