“Great place for a large group to stay”

TownePlace Suites Quantico Stafford
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Several of my co-workers and I were in town for over two weeks and stayed at TownePlace Suites. The rooms were perfect with the full kitchen and were cleaned daily. The staff were always pleasant and served the breakfast with a smile. On the evenings and weekends we had a BBQ by the pool. It really became home away from home.

Room Tip: Ground floor near the pool was a convenient location.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a a while business trip. The room had two dead roaches in it when I first arrived. The caulking around the bathtub came off after my first shower. The maid cleaned it after the first night, but then my bathroom had no caulking knows what water leak behind the wall. The Internet service was atrocious. I had to use my phone just to simply log on to certain websites, the Internet was so slow, my 4G was way faster. I am a Marriott platinum elite member, and I definitely would not recommend this Marriott.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank oldschoolkyle .
samul646, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Quantico Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your comments and your feedback. We appreciate your review as it allows us to improve the service we provide to our guests. Our top priority is to make sure that all guests experience a pleasant stay.

Please be assured that attention has already been given to the
issues that you mentioned to insure they do not happen again.

If your travels bring you back to the Stafford area in the future, I hope you
will consider giving us another try. We'd love to see you again!

Kind regards,

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 July 2014

A large group of co-workers and I recently stayed here for 2 weeks. I worked with Sabine to get our reservations done. Our dates had to shift a number of times and she worked very hard to ensure we were all able to stay together. The rooms were smaller than I expected, but were perfectly adequate for our needs. The room was always clean and the bed was very comfortable. The worst thing I can say about my stay is that the AC unit is incredibly loud and often woke me up during the night. Other members of my party also had this issue. The hotel staffers we had interactions with were very nice and accommodating. We were able to have several BBQs out by the pool with charcoal, tools and grill provided by the hotel. This was great for team morale. The lady that runs the breakfast room allowed us to grab breakfast early on days that we needed to depart before 6 am. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Last week my review would have been higher. Recently the hotel set an extremely low limit to their internet connection making it painful to use it for basic services such as finding restaurants or looking at maps. This wouldn't be an issue for one or two nights but for an extended stay it makes the hotel internet useless for work, Skype or anything more than checking the news. So far the staff has been excellent but it seems they either don't understand the impact of this limitation or they are powerless to make a change due to management.

On a positive note, I do think the staff is great and the hotel is always clean. I would recommend this hotel for short stays but never for work or extended stays, especially if you are unfamiliar with the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank a c
Reviewed 17 May 2014

So, as this is an extended stay, which in this case is catering to a traveler on business; one might expect to have a viable internet connection in which to conduct said business. I’ve been here for three weeks now, and upon arrival, I had no issues. The staff was pleasant, the amenities and rooms were sufficient and the internet connection was normal and stable.
This week (approximately May 12th, 2014) the hotel conducted an “upgrade”, via Innflux communication (http://www.innflux.com) . I noticed a severe decline in internet speeds after these supposed upgrades and contacted the company directly. Per the customer support representative I spoke with, per the contract with this hotel: each room/device on the network is limited to 128kbps download/upload. For those that do not know, this is slower than the initial DSL offerings; which were 256kbps. In a nut shell, you are limited to a late 1990’s internet connection, commiserate with a dial-up modem to utilize 2014 internet web pages, architecture and file transfers. For example: This translates to a 30-90 second load time on google maps, and if you attempt to move the map or zoom in any capacity, you reset the clock. I also attempted to watch a 2 min youtube video embedded into facebook; which froze every 4-7 seconds for approximately 10-45 seconds at a time. Welcome to 2014 at the Towne Place Suites Marriott.
If you plan on conducting any level of work activity, synchronizing your digital devices or even accessing the internet to find information about the locale; good luck. You certainly aren’t doing it from your room.
DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE ON BUSINESS!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Matt D
samul646, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Quantico Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hello Matt,

thank you for your response. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback as it allows us to improve service to our guests.

I would like to comment on our internet speed per user to clarify:

Individual user speeds are limited to increase the stability of speeds to every specific user; this limit is still being worked out. Currently, the guest speeds are set at 1 mb/s, or 1024 kb/s; this should be more than adequate for standard browsing or streaming. For applications for which this is insufficient, we are in the process of enabling the paid options for upgraded bandwidth, which will allow around three times more bandwidth.

Please contact me directly if you would like to upgrade the amount of bandwidth available to you. I am certain, that we will be able to increase the connectivity according to your needs.

Kind regards,

Sabine Mullin

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Check in experience was incredibly pleasant and efficient. Tiki at the front desk is extremely friendly and helpful. This is our first stay at a TownPlace Suites and we are quite pleasantly surprised. The room is SPOTLESS. The kitchen facilities are first rate. What we've noticed most, though, is the facility itself. It is well kept and clean, clean, clean. We will definitely stay here again. This hotel is also pet-friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Pet friendly; good continental breakfast. This is very nice hotel convenient to old US Route 1 (Jefferson Davis Highway). The room was very large, clean and set up as mini-efficiency apartments. Likewise, the grounds are well maintained, with a large pet walking area behind the building. It is located at a good midpoint between the US Marine Museum in Quantico, VA and the battlefields in Fredricksburg, VA; and there is a good selection of restaurants on the road for the evening meal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family