“quaint and fun”

Lafayette Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lafayette Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 33 Bypass
Description: 2014 DINERS CHOICE- Open Table. Sophisticated Southern Cuisine. An approachable yet elegant dining experience. Named "Virginia"s Restaurant of the Year" by the Food & Wine Society. Regions top "Gourmet Burger" lunch. Wine Enthusiast award winning wine list representing dozens of Virginia wines and countless other New World selections. Located just 6 miles off of Skyline Drive. 30-40 minutes East of Harrisonburg, 20 minutes north of Charlottesville and 30 minutes south of Culpeper.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The best part of our meal were the amazingly fresh salads, clearly from local gardens, with champagne vinaigrette. This is a funny historic hotel, right on the main street. The service is good and friendly and the food is a bit overpriced. It is good not great, but there are not many options in tiny Stanardsville, near the entrance to Shenandoah Natl Park from Swift Run Gap entrance.

1  Thank jgAlexandria
There are newer reviews for Lafayette Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My boyfriend purchased a deal from livingsocial to stay here and to participate in the 10 course dinner for two. We were very excited because not many places provide pairings with each meal course. We had such a fantastic time! We were greeted with a small bottle of champagne for two and goldfish crackers :) Dinner was amazing as well as each wine pairing. Each meal is prepared fresh and you can tell when you taste it! Allen was able to provide information for each course and why the wine paired so well together with each course. Allen was also able to substitute a chicken dish for me when it came time for the salmon trio because I do not like seafood. I loved each dish but my boyfriend and I agree that the egg rolls were our favorite. I did also love the chicken with mango salsa (part of my substitute meal). If you do participate in the 10 course meal, please skip lunch that day and come hungry and sober as they say! I skipped lunch that day and was still full by the 7th course!! Even the breakfast the next morning was amazing! I loved the room that we stayed in, its very 'old fashion.' The outside of the building is very gorgeous. We really enjoyed our stay and would recomment it to anyone!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a living social deal that we used to celebrate our 26th anniversary. It was great value for money with a very enjoyable tasting menu and comfortable overnight stay.

Lafayette1840, Owner at Lafayette Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thanks for celebrating your anniversary with us!- Alan & Kaye

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed at the Lafayette Inn for a night to celebrate our anniversary and it was wonderful! The Chef's tasting dinner was fabulous. It was a very intimate setting with just 10 people, served by Chef Allan himself. It felt like we were at the dinner party of a good friend. It was a great night!

Thank you very much!- Chef Alan

Reviewed 15 May 2014

If you ever have the opportunity to visit the Lafayette Inn, please do because it is amazing. My husband gave me the "sous chef" package as a Christmas gift, which we recently enjoyed and can say this was truly a wonderful experience. We spent the entire weekend at the Inn, where owners Alan and Kay are wonderful hosts and make it a extra special visit. The package allowed me to be in the kitchen with Chef Alan Pyles who shared culinary skills and dishes that are made at the Inn. Each plate made at the restaurant is done with extra TLC by the Chef and entire staff, and simply delicious. The final evening was enjoyed by my family, that I helped to prepare in the kitchen that day.

Special experience not to be forgotten. Thank you Chef Alan, Kay, Brian, and the entire staff.

Bon Appétit!

Thanks so much- Appreciate the review.