“Simply WONDERFUL!!!”

Lafayette Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lafayette Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 33 Bypass
Description: 2014 DINERS CHOICE- Open Table. Sophisticated Southern Cuisine. An approachable yet elegant dining experience. Named "Virginia"s Restaurant of the Year" by the Food & Wine Society. Regions top "Gourmet Burger" lunch. Wine Enthusiast award winning wine list representing dozens of Virginia wines and countless other New World selections. Located just 6 miles off of Skyline Drive. 30-40 minutes East of Harrisonburg, 20 minutes north of Charlottesville and 30 minutes south of Culpeper.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I did the 10 course Chef Tasting to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and it was simply the best meal we have ever had! Our anniversary fell on a Tuesday and we lucked out being the ONLY couple that night which allowed for even a more intimate, memorable 3 hour dining experience with Chef Alan thoroughly explaining each course and why the wine selection paired with it was chosen. Typically in the past with multi-course meals, there usually has been a course or two that we didn't care for but EVERY course served was SIMPLE AMAZING and so DELICIOUS!!! Kaye's breakfast the next morning was made to order and equally as delicious. We have never liked grits but our opinion has been forever changed after tasting their stone ground grits…yum!!! Highly recommend eating and staying here!

1  Thank Alex11041

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had dinner here and enjoyed excellent service and a great meal. I had a Brazilian beef dish, with the meat marinated in a lime and cilantro sauce. It was very good. My wife had a filet that was done to perfection. The wine list is impressive and the service was prompt and attentive. This is a good place.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The best part of our meal were the amazingly fresh salads, clearly from local gardens, with champagne vinaigrette. This is a funny historic hotel, right on the main street. The service is good and friendly and the food is a bit overpriced. It is good not great, but there are not many options in tiny Stanardsville, near the entrance to Shenandoah Natl Park from Swift Run Gap entrance.

1  Thank jgAlexandria
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My boyfriend purchased a deal from livingsocial to stay here and to participate in the 10 course dinner for two. We were very excited because not many places provide pairings with each meal course. We had such a fantastic time! We were greeted with a small bottle of champagne for two and goldfish crackers :) Dinner was amazing as well as each wine pairing. Each meal is prepared fresh and you can tell when you taste it! Allen was able to provide information for each course and why the wine paired so well together with each course. Allen was also able to substitute a chicken dish for me when it came time for the salmon trio because I do not like seafood. I loved each dish but my boyfriend and I agree that the egg rolls were our favorite. I did also love the chicken with mango salsa (part of my substitute meal). If you do participate in the 10 course meal, please skip lunch that day and come hungry and sober as they say! I skipped lunch that day and was still full by the 7th course!! Even the breakfast the next morning was amazing! I loved the room that we stayed in, its very 'old fashion.' The outside of the building is very gorgeous. We really enjoyed our stay and would recomment it to anyone!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a living social deal that we used to celebrate our 26th anniversary. It was great value for money with a very enjoyable tasting menu and comfortable overnight stay.

Lafayette1840, Owner at Lafayette Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thanks for celebrating your anniversary with us!- Alan & Kaye