“Fairytale Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stanley
White Fence Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Stanley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We were looking for a beautiful setting for our wedding. I found the White Fence Bed & Breakfast online and read all the wonderful reviews. We loved the Ivy Cottage it was private and I felt like I was in the middle of a Walt Disney Princess Dream. I would recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone. Sally & Mike were so friendly and made us feel so comfortable. The ceremony was perfect the setting was perfect out in the garden. It was just a Fairytale Experience and we will definitely be going back in the future.
Tammie & Rockie Meadows
Pounding Mill, Va

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for White Fence Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 23 May 2011

I made reservations here for our 28th wedding anniversary. I got the "Pamper Me" package, which included fresh flowers in the room, chocolates, sparkling cider, crackers, cheese and cold meats, and a couples massage, along with the three room suite for the weekend.

We reserved the carriage house. The furniture in the main room was all rustic log furniture. The second room had a small table, an antique dresser, a small refrigerator and microwave, and a two-person jetted tub.

Sally did a fantastic job with both breakfasts (Saturday and Sunday), and Mike did a fantastic job of making sure the coffee never ran low, and we had more food than we needed. Mike also offered recommendations to us on what there was to do in the area, and restaurants in the area (see my review of the Speakeasy in the basement of the Mimslyn Inn).

My only small complaint would be that the bed wasn't really comfortable for me, but since I have a bad back, it's hard for me to find a comfortable bed when I'm not at home. My wife thought the bed was comfortable.

The couples massage was fantastic. The B&B has an agreement with The Wright Touch for the massage, and the two certified massage therapists who came to our room were very professional, and hit all the right spots; so much so that I think I was asleep before the end of the hour!

The entire weekend was very relaxing and enjoyable. It was great to get away from the rush of the city and forget about work for a weekend. If you want to get away from everything and have a romantic get-away, this is the place to go!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PapaSmurph
Reviewed 14 December 2010

We Found WHITE FENCE BED AND BREAKFAST on the internet, because we were ready to get married. They took care of everything in a very short notice. We drove from Washington DC down Skyline drive it was very beautiful. When we arrived they had everything ready. Thebeds were nice and comfortable and the breakfast was downhome. I felt like i had known them all of my life. It's worth the trip. check out the website and pictures. Thanks

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2010

This place was so clean and hospitable. The owners were freindly helpful and did everything possible to make our stay outstanding. I was relaxed and had a great romantic time. Great comming back from deployment present!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2010

My fiance Ian and I decided to run away to get married. We did quite a bit of searching online for that place that would still make our day special and our dreams come true. Let's me just say our dreams were Exceeded! We called Mike and Sally. Sally was very helpful in giving us information on where we could find the courthouse to get our license. She allowed me to pick our wedding colors. We decided to come down Tuesday night and stay in Luray, and then moved over to White Fence Wednesday. Mike and Sally were very welcoming. I got to meet their little dog Daisy also and was greeted with kisses. We settled into our gorgeous cottage. Don't let the outside appearance trick you. It's very spacious inside and amazingly decorated. Has even the littlest touches to make it homey. We settle in. Ian went out to the gazebo to wait on me. Sally came in and zipped me up. She shot some cute photos even then. Sally has quite the excellent photographic eye. Our pictures were amazing! Mike made the ceremony special and it felt personal instead of something generic you'd get eloping some where else. We took lots of pictures after the ceremony as well. We had an excellent night trying out all the amenities of the cottage. The sheets were so soft and when we did finally sleep it was a very restful. We chose to have the breakfast basket delivered to us in the morning so we could have a lazy breakfast in bed. Even for a simpler breakfast since it wasn't in the main house it was delicious. I'm still craving those croissants.

All in all Mike and Sally made our wedding and our first night as husband and wife more than I ever had dreamed of, and so much more than I ever could have asked for.

We will definitely be coming back for our anniversary next year. Our wedding photos are up on White Fence's website. Look for MacDonald if you'd like to view our special day.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2010

My boyfriend and I were looking to get out of DC for the weekend and were lucky enough to stumble upon this great B&B. We stayed in the Carriage House, which is a cottage just off the main property. It was very romantic, with a fireplace and a jacuzzi. I understand there had been some drama with previous management, but the folks running the place now was fantastic. They were very friendly and cooked delicious multiple course breakfasts both mornings. They accommodated my vegetarian needs very well. We could not have picked a better place to escape city life. While it was a little awkward not being a married couple (and assumed to be), it was not a big problem.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Very clean, well maintained property.
Prompt, copious and wonderful breakfast.
Very warm welcome from the Owner.
Very pleasant experience overall.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Whitefence, Owner at White Fence Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2009

Yes it is true! Mike and Sally, the owners are back and running the White Fence Bed and Breakfast once more, having been absent for six months. We would like to apologise to anybody who may have had any problems whatsoever with the management or service during their stay since May 1st. from our tenants, who have now been removed from the business.

The best way for anyone to make their mind up about coming to stay with us is to look at reviews prior to May 1st. We still aspire to be "the best Bed and Breakfast" and wedding venue and look forward to welcoming you as guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanley
The Mimslyn Inn
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah National Park
Big Meadows Lodge
Big Meadows Lodge
#1 of 8 in Shenandoah National Park

Been to White Fence Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!