“I would recommend this Days Inn.”

Days Inn Staunton South
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We checked in on July 8th 2014 on our way to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway & Skyline Drive trip on the motorcycle. When we arrived it was about to rain and the man in the office said that we could park the motorcycle right in front of our door under the porch so it would stay dry which I thought was really nice of him since we were out of town and really didn't know the area to be a safe place and our seats stayed dry. They also very helpful with directions. The breakfast was good too. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Staunton South

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family has stayed here twice while visiting family. You really can't beat the price, and the breakfast isn't too bad for a continental. Very easy to find off the highway, so it's convenient for us. rooms are typical motel: nothing fancy, but not filthy either. Both times we checked in very late at night, and had no problems getting into our room. personal experience- both times we ended up leaving something there by accident... probably from sleep deprivation from getting there late at night, and leaving early in am. First time we left a blanket our daughter is very attached to, and we were able to retrieve it a few hours later when we realized it was missing. Our last trip-- our Video Camera. MmmmHmmm. well, you can guess that was gone- and new guests had not even checked in yet when we called in a panic an hour later. Apparently the cleaning lady made off good that day. :/ They were less than sympathetic at the front desk. Ironically we've stayed in hotels too many times to count, and this is the only place we've ever left anything at. NEVER AGAIN. Lesson learned!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here recently with my mom, as an overnight stop on the way from Rhode Island to further south in Virginia. Last year, I had stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Staunton; you can look up my review on here if you're interested to compare, but I remember I had a few issues with that place.

The Days Inn in Staunton was a welcoming stop this year. The premises are very well taken care of and it is quiet, even though it is right off I-81.

There's really not anything else at this exit nearby (as far as I could tell) except for gas stations...good price at the ones at the opposite end of the I-81 overpass. For dinner, we went to the Cracker Barrel nearby. Can't remember the exit number. I was a little dismayed at first that I'd have to get back on the highway to go to a restaurant; but it really wasn't a big deal at all. It's really closeby. Five minute drive, maybe?

Enjoyed the stay here; it was quiet, room was comfortable and updated. Clean. Had microwave, fridge, tv. Internet signal was a little iffy, I have to say. I guess everyone else was on it when I wanted to be, so the signal wasn't really reliable; had to try a few times.

Liked the decor and patterns of the fabrics in the room. Bathroom was basic, but clean.

Breakfast area is big; it's back at the main office building. Coffee is good and the selection for breakfast is decent for a hotel chain continental breakfast.

No complaints; would recommend and would stay again if in the area.

Other hints: Check out nearby downtown Staunton; inexpensive downtown parking lots; historical sites; antique and other shopping downtown; nice place. Treat yourself to lunch or dinner at Edelweiss (not in downtown) German restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pattyp814
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This motel has very easy access off I-81. The Room was clean and in Excellent Condition as this motel appears to be quite new. We had a Very Comfortable King Size Bed, and the room had a very Comfortable Recliner. The staff was very Courteous and helpful. The room had an excellent Shower with a shower massage. We had an excellent 3 night stay in this area, and will us this Days Inn when we return in the future. The Breakfast was excellent, with a large selection of items, in a very nice Dining Room, that is better than some Restaurants. The only thing that could be improved, is the room needed better lighting over the desk for using a computer. Great value for the Price.

Room Tip: When evaluating rooms online, look at the number of evaluations, the larger number that better, and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jean T
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Arrived at this place a few days ago with a reservation in place,and as we were turning into the parking lot,I was not happy. How this place has such a high rating here I will never know,because it was literally a nice,clean,modern lobby with a completely separate motel building. That building was dirty,run down,and on a par with a bad Relax Inn type of place. The parking lot and grounds looked like the waiting room at my local Social Services office,and I think this place should consider accepting welfare. Their clientele would appreciate it,I'm sure. Opened the door to the room,which had piles of dirty laundry sitting in the "breezeway" AKA crack alley and immediately smelled smoke and saw the very same dead bugs everywhere as shown in other people's photos. Walked into the bathroom,toilet seat is up and there is urine that has dried to an almost gummy state on the rim of the toilet and on the floor. I go to the front desk where the GM is working. Good - someone who can fix this,right? Wrong. He just listens to what I say and says well,I can move you. Tells me leaving the seat up is standard practice and the urine...well,that is just a figment of my imagination.He then begins to complain that I wasn't charged a weekend surcharge and get upset that I paid such a low rate. He is clearly upset about this,because either 1.he's just a money grubber,or 2.he knows that this 10.00 surcharge is the years maintenance budget and now the place will fall into disrepair. I go to the next room,which is next to a woman who looks about 65 in a halter top,cigarette hanging out of her mouth and drinking out of a brown bag. I go to turn on the a/c - they leave them OFF,so your room will be hot as hell (isn't that where you are though?),and see that there is mold growing out of the vent. As in it has been there so long it has hardened into almost rock hardness. If you cannot afford Luray Caverns consider visiting this motel,you can see these formations right in your own room. I go back to the same GM,who tells me that in fact no motel cleans their air conditioners,that simply isn't reasonable and he should know. He's worked all over the world. I believe him,someone seemed to have done a lot of staff recruiting in India. He then goes on to tell me all about how condensation mixes with dust and makes "imitation mold". I tell him I just want a clean room. No pee,no bugs,no mold. He says well,all our rooms are the same,so I'll give you a refund.When a GM accepts his facility in this condition,it's time to give up. You will absolutely regret choosing this hotel. I researched extensively,and really felt good about this place and was so wrong. Mint Springs does not smell minty,by the way. Maybe Smoky Springs. Meth Springs. Something like that. Anyway,he then hands me forms to sign showing I am renting a room with no mention of a refund or that we were leaving. So I have him sign this and write on it that there is no charge,it seemed shady. I'm watching my credit card statement carefully and have already notified them to dispute anything this place tries to pull. NOTE: WE DROVE ABOUT 5 MINUTES AWAY TO A *MUCH* NICER AREA - STAUNTON - AND STAYED AT BEST WESTERN. Clean,comfortable,great breakfast,and they even gave me a coupon to put my rate within 20.00 of this craphole's. When I looked up this hotel to plan this trip it was the number 7 motel in Mint Springs. I can understand this only if Mint Springs has 6 motels and this was a consolation prize.

Room Tip: Drive into the parking lot and make a u-turn. Then head elsewhere. You've just found a better ro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Don't judge a book by its cover on this one. It is an older facility, but it is very well maintained. We stayed here only for one night as a stopping point for a lengthy road trip. It is right off of the highway and easy to get to. The pool was great for the kids, and we loved their free breakfast. Much better than other continental breakfasts! The staff was very friendly, the room was clean, and the beds were pretty comfortable. For the price, you can't beat it. However, if you are looking for something fancy, this is not it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Yuck. The room was musty, the AC smelled like wet dogs, mold and cigarettes, and there was half a dead roach on the bathroom floor. Tried to stick it out, but when we switched on the old TV, the picture was fuzzy. Had to leave. Couldn't even pull back covers for fear of finding a dead truckstop hooker under the bed.

• Stayed: July 2014