“Excellent hotel and good value for your money”
Review of Sleep Inn Staunton

Sleep Inn Staunton
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We are currently staying in this hotel while here in Staunton following my mother's death. I was so happy to find a hotel that had a disabled access room complete with sit-down shower. The room is clean and comfortable, the staff is caring and warm and I simply couldn't fault anything about this hotel. I am grateful to have this as my 'base' while I deal with all the details that come with the loss of a parent. Thank you, Sleep Inn, for making this whole ordeal much more comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

We appreciate your comments about your stay at Sleep Inn. All the staff was so very happy to make things as comfortable as possible as we knew this was a sad time for you and your family.
I hope we made things just a little easier for you and that we had accommodations that also were helpful. I hope your next visit will be on happier terms.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I stopped in after a long day of driving.
The room was clean and nice.
The front this lady was very friendly and very helpful. The price is reasonable.
The place is easy to find a well lit and plenty of parking space.
I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us in Staunton. It was good to hear your stay with us was so positive and hope you will keep us in mind for future visits to VA..

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Pros first:
Our room was comfortable, with a comfortable bed.
The shower was comfortable.
The room was clean and quiet.
Breakfast was good.

Now the problems:

The bathroom was small and there was not enough space on the counter around the sink. Every guest has a toiletry case that he needs to put next to the sink. There must be enough room for 2 toiletry cases, otherwise where is the second person supposed to put his/her toiletry case?

There was a bed lamp only on one side of the bed, why? How is the second person supposed to read in bed or to turn on the light at dark?

There was only a very small variety of TV channels.

The bathroom's door was squeaky, so every time one of us went to bathroom at night - the other one waked up. Why? It doesn't take more than 2 minutes to lubricate a door's axes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

In reviewing your comments we will be addressing those issues as we are in the process of updating our guest rooms. The size of the bathroom will not change but it will be totally renovated. We do offer 26 TV channes and are in the process of increasing the options with suggestions from our guests.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

This is a limited frills motel that is clean and comfortable. They offer a nice continental breakfast that is attentively stocked by a friendly hotel employee. The bathroom is small but clean. No complaints. Quiet and conveniently located close to the interstate.

Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your comments. It is always good to hear any employee made an inpression on our guest. Please do keep us in mind on furture visits to this area.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in late September. The hotel was clean, as was the room, and it was not expensive. I didn't appreciate the smokers just outside the front entry and having to walk through their smoke. The room was crowded with 2 beds. The only seating was on the beds. The room lighting was done very well. The bathroom was tiny with the toilet and shower in one area, with a pocket door closure. There was no hook to hang a towel or clothing on. The sink and were in an adjacent area and vanity had about 8 inches of counter on each side of the sink, but part of that was taken up with a coffee maker. There was almost no place to put toiletry items, much less a face towel or cloth. The breakfast area had very limited seating, considering the number of guest rooms. There were a variety of food choices, but many were prepackaged and needed to be heated in the microwave. This hotel is close to the Interstate highway, but not close to the center of town or restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for your comments. It sounds like you were looking for a far larger room and bath area than Sleep Inns provide. I do agree about smokers and would like no smoking on the entire prioperty. You mentioned a hook in the bathroom there is one on the left wall as you step out of the shower.
The breakfast area is small but the food items are those required by Choice hotels and we actually have far more than is required.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The staff were exceedingly friendly and the room was clean however the a/c unit needs to be cleaned or replaced. We put the fan on without the heat or A/C because the temperature (in October) was reasonably perfect however the room filled with a stale stench that made me sick.

A nice touch was leaving a small rubber ducky for us to keep as a souvenir. Except for the fan, it was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for you comments. The issue with the AC having an odor. Our AC's are cleaned but when you initally turn on the AC with heat for the first time there is an odor which never happens again once the unit stays on heat,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I only stayed here one night but the staff was very welcoming and the room was neat and clean. The only issue I had was the thin walls. I could hear someone getting ice at 4:30am and I could easily hear noise from the adjacent room at 5:00am. If the walls were a little thicker, I would have only positive things to say about the hotel. Since I was awake so early because of my neighbors, I checked out before I could sample the continental breakfast so I can't comment on it.

Room Tip: I requested, and was given, a room in a quiet location. However, the ice machine was located nearby...