“Great stop”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stopped here on our way home from Florida. We got 2 rooms. It was an excellent value and it seemed to have been recently renovated. Super clean, nice staff and great breakfast included. I would not hesitate to stop here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank judy B
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for commenting regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. Comments good and those suggesting improvement help us to offer superior service to future guests.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is the fourth time we've stayed at this hotel on the way to Florida. This time Staunton VA received 18 inches of snow the night we arrived so we had to stay a second night. The ladies at the front desk were just great making sure we could get snacks and they provided us with fresh towels. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Excellent front desk staff
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thanks so much for your review. I'm sorry you got stuck in the snow storm, but I'm happy you were able to spend the time with us and be safe.
I'll pass along your kind words to the staff and we look forward to hosting our Canadian friends as the travel the Eastern US.
Thanks again for the review. Please let me know if I can help with future reservations. You may contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com. We'll see you on the return trip!

Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here several times in the past, and always will when passing through. Clean and well kept, great location, and the staff makes you feel at home. Eat nearby at the sushi/hibachi restaurant, then frozen yogurt next door.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

It is good to hear your accommodations were satisfactory and our staff was helpful and made your stay comfortable. I hope you will keep us in mind on future visits and please let family and friends know Sleep Inn in Staunton is a good stopping point.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Passing through on our way to Philly, speedy check in by friendly staff. Wifi worked better than many hotels we've stayed at, our teens thankful for that. Breakfast had great options with trays that you could bring up to your room, nice! Clean rooms and the rubber ducks were cute. Would stay again when we come up this way.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

I am very happy you enjoyed you stay with us and our staff met you expectations. If you are passing this way again please keep us in mind and all Choice hotels for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We chose the Sleep Inn from the road on a long drive up the East Coast based primarily on TripAdvisor ratings on the mobile app. We needed a place to rest for one night on the journey and the hotel did not disappoint.

First off VERY convenient from I-81 and very easy to get right back on the highway. We arrived at 8:30pm and just walked in to get a room. Front lobby is clean and the staff was friendly. Got us checked in quickly. Entire facility was very clean, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Your room key also gets you 10% off a few of the local restaurants. Coffee is available 24 hours in the lobby and there is an included continental breakfast in the morning. Nothing fancy, but it's something to eat. If you want a "real breakfast" there is a Cracker Barrel about 1/4 mile away.

There's a good sized fridge, microwave and coffee pot included in the room as is free wi-fi. Wi-fi is slow, but it's free.

This is definitely a great rest stop along the way of your travels. It's not a four star hotel, but it's what you want along the road, clean and efficient. Quite unexpected and thanks to TripAdvisor folks for recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your business. We are happy you chose Sleep Inn and used comments on Trip Advisor. We do strive to offer our guest a clean room and excellent customer service. Please keep us in mind on your next visit to Va. Also please pass on your experience to anyone you may know who is traveling through Staunton,

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ended up at this hotel for two consecutive nights due to bad weather. Because we were on our way back from a huge shopping trip, we did not have very much in our checking account, but had plenty of cash. The manager, Billie, said that it was fine for us to pay cash for our room as long as we provided them with a card to have on file. We obliged but made it clear: do NOT charge our card! The next morning, we decided the roads were still too messy to leave and booked the room for another night, reminding the older woman behind the counter that we were paying cash and once again NOT TO CHARGE OUR CARD! She told us that we were supposed to pay in the morning at the time of check out, for whatever reason. I am 9 months pregnant and for anyone who knows sleep is very hard to come by at this point. I finally dozed off around 5am only to be awoken by a phone call from the front desk at a quarter to nine (over two hours before check out) saying rudely that we could "pay at any time". Turns out that this inconsiderate hotel decided to ignore our multiple requests and charge our card anyway. The transaction did not process due to insufficient funds. I rolled over and attempted to go back to sleep but more inconsiderate staff were running the vacuum cleaner right outside of our room! I couldn't believe it, but it gets worse; after the first phone call where I told the front desk I would pay at check out, they called our room a second time, waking me again and still long before 11am. My husband was furious at this point and made his way down to pay. I am shocked and outraged at our treatment after spending almost $200 at this hotel. I would like to think they would apologize but on our way out we were instead told to "come again soon!". Fat chance...this was major salt in the wound. I am still waiting to see if the bank is going to charge us $32.50 for a insufficient funds fee due to OTHER PEOPLE'S blatant disregard and disrespect. Please, don't stay here, they don't deserve anyone's money.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank mogarbagio
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

It was very disturbing to read such an attack on our staff and hotel. When trying to investigate what had happened we tried numerous times to contact you to find out if the cc you used was a debit card.The front desk manager distinctly remembers it being a credit card and in checking our files you were not charged. Had we been able to talk to you I'm sure this would have been resolved. However, you should not have received a phone call in your room asking you to pay and I am sorry that happened. The other comment about staff cleaning at 9:00 in the morning is not uncommon. If you needed quiet later in the morning and had let the front desk know we would have left that area to vaccum for later in the day. I am very sorry that a routine stay turned out to be so complicated for both of us..

Reviewed 17 February 2014

booked this hotel for long drive home from the South to New England. Found good rate, including breakfast and free wifi. Room was clean, comfortable, and efficient. Staff was polite, professional and helpful. Breakfast was substantial, plentiful and a good start.

Room Tip: ask for room on the first floor facing back of hotel. This is quieter than some
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for responding. I am very happy you found the staff and the accommodations satisfactory. Please keep us in mind on future trips to VA.