“Clean and nice stay”

Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
“Clean and nice stay”
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night while visiting Staunton. The rooms were very clean. Just a few minutes from downtown Staunton. We enjoyed our stay. The staff was nice as well. Beautiful indoor/outdoor pool. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 December 2016
Dear Pretty Good,

I was going through some things as the New GM and I noticed that we missed the chance to thank you for your review. Thank you and I aplologize for not getting back to you in all these years I hope that you are well. I am glad that you like the renovations and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future

Lisa Breeden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Hollywood, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2013

we were in staunton for a wedding and all the family was staying in this hotel, we stayed for three nights, we asked for a suite as our 9 year old niece had joined usit could not be accomodated, understandibly as the time was too short and they were booked. we were offered a movable bed for 12 dollars a night which we accepted. our king sized bed was so terribly bad and old i could not sleep and had to climb out of the bed several time that night, reported it in the morning, as nice as the staff was they could not help changing the matrass, one employee said their matrasses are just old, and they will all have to be changed.
our niece was complaining about her bed and she was saying she gets poked, we thought she is just complaining on the last day, i looked under her bed and the coils were torn and hanging down in several spots, the staff was as nice as they could be and discounted my bill, but we will never stay there again, it was obvious the staff had no power to remedy a situation.

Room Tip: stay in the rooms away from the highway as it is loud.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear sherrinester,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that the issues you have raised about the bed conditions will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. Thank you for all your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Staunton hotels

Mechanicsville Va.
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I recently had a another great stay here. Over the past fifteen or twenty years I have stayed at this HI maybe eight times. Obviously then this is an older property that has been well maintained and continually upgraded over the years. This is supported by the fact that this hotel has not been re-branded as a lower tier hotel.

I was there for a group gathering and we had a great time. As previously the grounds were well maintained and spotless, the grass cut and trimmed which leaves a great first impression. The desk clerk "Mike" greeted me with a smile and check in was quick. He was typical of every staff member I came into contact with from housekeeping to wait staff who with out fail spoke and made me feel welcome.

The room looked to have been recently redone. In addition to a comfortable and clean bed there was a desk, chair and those other things you would expect to find in a HI. There was a large flat screen TV and the A/C worked well and was quiet. Even the indoor pool area was spotless as were the common areas.

There is an onsite restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner. I had eaten there previously but not this trip but always found the food good. I was surprised that it was closed for lunch on a weekend though . We did how ever have a dinner for our group served in the meeting room. The food was good, served hot and the waitstaff was attentive and fast getting the food to a large group.

This Holiday Inn has always been my first choice when staying in the Staunton area and I will return. The views from the rooms of the golf course and distant mountains almost make you feel like you are at a resort, not adjacent to a major north / south Interstate.

If in the area consider staying here...you will not be sorry. If anything could be better here it would be them adding a Hot Tub to the pool area... then I would give them six stars.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Car53X

Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We booked the hotel last minute using Hotwire since our usual spots (Sleep Inn, Best Western) were full. We got a great deal and even were given a king room. The room was clean, and the bed comfortable - on the soft side which I like! The front desk employees were very helpful and friendly. They even called us to let us know that the light inside our car was on. The only minor complaint was that the other guests were loud in the hallway (just going to their rooms) and it was easy to hear them. That was remedied by putting on the fan. The walls between rooms seemed soundproof. The hotel is convenient to I-81 and only three miles from restaurants and shopping. (The hotel also had a restaurant.)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I will start by saying that as a priority club member I stay at Holiday Inns frequently. They all seem to have better staff than facillities-however it is still worth noting. The room appeared fine, but had the following issues: hall light fixture was out, refridgerator was missing, reading lamp was missing, and the hair dryer was not working. They did replace the reading lamp about an hour after we called to complain and the hair dryer about an hour and fifteen minutes after we requested another one. The missing lights made the room very dark making it almost impossible to read in the room. The bulbs in the existing fixtures were all low wattage.

The breakfast was better than most of the other H. I. I have stayed at recently. And the pool was decent. We like Staunton so we may go back to this hotel, but a previous experience with the Holiday Inn Express in Waynesboro may make that our first choice in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Nancy S,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Heathsville, Virginia
Reviewed 5 April 2013

My husband and I checked in mon through thurs am.. The room and bathroom very tidy and clean.. Really enjoyed my stay! Was kinda sad to leave to go back home! Would def recommend! Wi-fi was awesome! If ever on 81, check them out!

• Stayed April 2013

Franklin, Maine, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Staying at this hotel was one of the highlights of our trip. The staff was terrific in making every effort to accommodate us. The rooms were excellent and the view of the golf course couldn't be better. There were all the amenities one enjoys in the room - and they all worked perfectly (reception on some TV channels was fuzzy, however). The meals in the restaurant were good. But the best part of the experience was how helpful the reception staff was - Mike, particularly! - but all extended themselves in every way. And last, but not least, they were pet friendly and allowed us to have our dog in our room for a very nominal fee. We could add more, but it isn't necessary - just know that you will be more than pleased with this hotel. Thank you!

Room Tip: Try to get one facing the golf course.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple