Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn(Staunton)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf course viewkids eat freeonsite restaurantroom was cleanrestaurant staffroom facinga pet friendly hotelminute driveoff the highwaygreat stopdowntown stauntonstaff was friendlyparking lotstayed one nightdogselevatorchannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Checked in at 4:30 with reservations made a month earlier and clerk spent 10 minutes on phone with maid service upstairs trying to find out if a room was available. Finally get upstairs and less than half of the rooms had been serviced at 4:45.

Room Tip: Restaurant on site so no breakfast available other than in restaurant
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear 03218,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments regarding the staff are very much appreciated. This is one of the ways that let us know where we need to improve.

Connie D

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stopped at this hotel over night while traveling recently. It was chosen becaue of its location and they are pet friendly. They have good outside access for their pet friendly rooms. The common areas/halls were dirty. Our room did not have a refrigerator but was suppose to. The bed was "old/well used" and even the hotel information book was missing. This hotel was not quiet on par with the normal Holiday Inn experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Robert04,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness, room amenities and the bed. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night while visiting Staunton. The rooms were very clean. Just a few minutes from downtown Staunton. We enjoyed our stay. The staff was nice as well. Beautiful indoor/outdoor pool. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear Pretty Good,

I was going through some things as the New GM and I noticed that we missed the chance to thank you for your review. Thank you and I aplologize for not getting back to you in all these years I hope that you are well. I am glad that you like the renovations and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future

safe travels
Lisa Breeden

Reviewed 18 June 2013

we were in staunton for a wedding and all the family was staying in this hotel, we stayed for three nights, we asked for a suite as our 9 year old niece had joined usit could not be accomodated, understandibly as the time was too short and they were booked. we were offered a movable bed for 12 dollars a night which we accepted. our king sized bed was so terribly bad and old i could not sleep and had to climb out of the bed several time that night, reported it in the morning, as nice as the staff was they could not help changing the matrass, one employee said their matrasses are just old, and they will all have to be changed.
our niece was complaining about her bed and she was saying she gets poked, we thought she is just complaining on the last day, i looked under her bed and the coils were torn and hanging down in several spots, the staff was as nice as they could be and discounted my bill, but we will never stay there again, it was obvious the staff had no power to remedy a situation.

Room Tip: stay in the rooms away from the highway as it is loud.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear sherrinester,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that the issues you have raised about the bed conditions will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. Thank you for all your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I recently had a another great stay here. Over the past fifteen or twenty years I have stayed at this HI maybe eight times. Obviously then this is an older property that has been well maintained and continually upgraded over the years. This is supported by the fact that this hotel has not been re-branded as a lower tier hotel.

I was there for a group gathering and we had a great time. As previously the grounds were well maintained and spotless, the grass cut and trimmed which leaves a great first impression. The desk clerk "Mike" greeted me with a smile and check in was quick. He was typical of every staff member I came into contact with from housekeeping to wait staff who with out fail spoke and made me feel welcome.

The room looked to have been recently redone. In addition to a comfortable and clean bed there was a desk, chair and those other things you would expect to find in a HI. There was a large flat screen TV and the A/C worked well and was quiet. Even the indoor pool area was spotless as were the common areas.

There is an onsite restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner. I had eaten there previously but not this trip but always found the food good. I was surprised that it was closed for lunch on a weekend though . We did how ever have a dinner for our group served in the meeting room. The food was good, served hot and the waitstaff was attentive and fast getting the food to a large group.

This Holiday Inn has always been my first choice when staying in the Staunton area and I will return. The views from the rooms of the golf course and distant mountains almost make you feel like you are at a resort, not adjacent to a major north / south Interstate.

If in the area consider staying here...you will not be sorry. If anything could be better here it would be them adding a Hot Tub to the pool area... then I would give them six stars.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo