“Don't miss the pool”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Derwood, Maryland, USA
“Don't miss the pool”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stopped a little early on our way to D.C. and stayed here. So glad we did. Took in the pool on a bright, sunny day and was surprised to see their pool is a combination indoor and outdoor pool. Indoor portion is nicely heated, unlike so many Holiday Inn & Hampton Inn pools that can be a bit chilly. Outdoor felt warm too because it was so sunny out. Very relaxing. Got a room on the 5th floor with a view of the golf course. Very pleasant scene. Room was nice. Nice surprise too was that the TV channel listing was in alphabetical order by station rather than numerical order. Reception was bad for CNN & PBS. Too bad. And why don't the provide MSNBC. If you provide Fox, surely you can provide MSNBC as well.

Room Tip: For a good view, get a room on the upper floor facing the golf course.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnStaunton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear JC82010,

Thank you for taking the time to write us your “Don't miss the pool” review! I am so glad you enjoyed the pool and the great views of the golf course! I appreciate your candid feedback about the TV Channels so we can continue to improve our services. Please come back and stay with us again.

Safe Travels,
Sean Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
New Kensington PA
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We were here for a wedding at a local stables/venue, and had a very pleasant stay. The hotel is 10 minutes from downtown Staunton, but close to the interstate. It is clean and comfortable, and we had a nice sized bathroom. Pillows were wonderful. Breakfast was not included, but we had the buffet breakfast on Sunday, and we were well cared for. All in all, a very nice experience.

Room Tip: This is a hotel with an elevator. Get a cart for your things.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jayne B,

Thank you so much for the “Nice place, good value” review! Your kind comments mean so much to us and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip through Staunton!

Columbia, SC
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

This Holiday Inn is a relatively new property. Upon arriving the very well dressed front desk staff promptly checked us in. The entire hotel staff at our meeting was very proffessional and extremely friendly. It is rare today to find such a well managed hotel at this price point. I would highly recommended that you use this faculty should you have need traveling through this area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInnStaunton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Mrauseo,
Thank you for your 5 Star Review and kind comments regarding your recent stay! We strive to make sure that everyone's experience with us is a great one. I am pleased that you would highly recommend us to fellow travelers coming to Staunton!
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on the next visit,
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have been coming to this hotel a couple times a year for two years now. The staff always take great care of us, they are very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are attractive, clean, comfortable and well appointed with appliances that work (I like to have milk/snacks in my hotel rooms and find it aggravating when a fridge isn't cold enough). I like the balcony rooms with the pretty view of the golf course; sometimes I'll just relax by watching the birds. I especially look forward to seeing Mike, Marisa, Sean and Mervin when I visit, they always seem to remember me and never fail to make me feel at home. This is a pet-friendly hotel, which suits our needs purrfectly. My family stayed at a B&B in Staunton before but once we stayed at the Holiday Inn, we haven't stayed anywhere else. No need to when we are taken care of so well!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Holly_Roller2012,

We always happy to see you again and the entire staff looks forward to your visits. Thank you for your 5 Star Review - your time with us was most enjoyable for us too.
Thank you for mentioning Mike, Marisa, Mervin and myself by name. I am so lucky to have the best team!. Your review will be shared with our entire team. We hope that you will come back and see us (and Mike, Marisa, Mervin!) again soon.

We look forward to the next time!
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I am a frequent traveler and had an opportunity to stat at the Holiday Inn Conference Center in Staunton, VA. The stay was extremely reasonable from a cost perspective. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was soothing. The hotel was also well kept and clean, Most of all, the customer service was gracious. Sean Taylor and the team do a nice job here and if I ever have to come back to the area I will definitely stay at this hotel. Great Job!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Helen,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review, “Great value for the money!” and kind words about our service! I enjoyed meeting you and having you at Holiday Inn Staunton. I hope your daughter enjoyed her experience at JMU. I hope you will come again soon!!

Safe Travels,
Absecon, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We made a stop for one night Very nice staff. Good sized rooms with refrigerator. The rate was competitive. Breakfast is not included but there is a well priced buffet served in attractive lobby bar. Check out Byers Bistro in town for dinner if you have time.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Mary Ann P
Dear Mary Ann P,

Thank you for your review and kind comments regarding your recent stay! We are lucky to have such great restaurants like the Bistro in Staunton!
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My now husband and I have been meeting in Staunton VA and staying at this hotel for approximately 6 months now (we stay about 2-3 weekends per month). It has been the perfect meeting place for us: restaurant in the hotel w/ a bar & room service. Close to the quaint Staunton downtown, but low key and quiet. Affordable!

But the best of this hotel is explained below!:
I am finishing school in PA on a military scholarship and my husband lives back in our home town in NC. This past New Year's we got married at the courthouse (military reasons) I had already had a dress purchased, but never got to wear it for my husband…he kept asking about seeing me in it over the past couple of months…So, I decided I wanted to have a special night/celebration just the two of us… I thought of this hotel, so I contacted the hotel staff & coordinators here who were AMAZING (Rachel, Sales Coordinator) took my ideas & requests down, then spoke with her manager and within the hour contacted me with a quote & several proposals for the night I had in mind! The hotel & staff were extremely accommodating & enthusiastic, (Marissa was wonderful the night of our event). Rachel promptly responded to questions I asked and clarified details to perfection up until that night. The staff that evening helped me get in my dress and keep it a surprise to my husband! When I arrived that night they had already took the liberty of adding decorations to the room (which were tasteful & beautiful) as well as upgrading (at no extra charge) to a wonderful room with a balcony, fresh chocolate covered strawberries, wine, flowers, more chocolate, and a sweet note! The staff were eager to offer help & share in the excitement. We had our own private server for dinner & hosted the event in the lovely Jefferson Ballroom, which I mostly illuminated with floating candles, balloons, & flowers. The staff here really made this night so much more wonderful than I thought possible. The enthusiasm and "extra miles" the staff put forth were amazing. I could not have imagined a better night and will always be grateful to the staff for helping me create such a special memory.

THANK YOU!!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that have been updated to an electronic thermostat & maybe even a view of the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnStaunton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Mariel711,
Thank you for your “Special Occasion: Wedding Type Story” review and the 5 stars! You and your husband's story has truly touched the entire the staff! We are grateful to you for allowing us to play a small part in creating your special memory. We are thrilled to be a part of your "story" and hope to continue to watch your wonderful family grow in the future!
Thank you for taking the time to recognize both Rachel and Marisa in your review. We are very lucky to have them on our team! It is an honor when a guest takes the time to recognize our team members’ efforts by name. Your review will be shared with our entire team as I am sure our hotel family will be telling this love story for years to come. We are truly grateful as well to your commitment and perseverance to our country and were honored to take part in your journey! We wish you and your husband a joyful and prosperous future.

Best Wishes,