“Very nice / as expected”

Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very nice / as expected”
Reviewed 29 May 2005

We stayed at the HI last night (Saturday of Memorial Day weekend). Room was entirely as expected - looks great at first sight, slight peeling paper in bathroom, greying caulk around faucet. The tub is an all-in-one. If you are over 5'10" you will feel closed in.

Pool was FREEZING. But my two boys swam twice. Ample parking. Keycard to get to pool level, and hotel room levels. Nice feeling of security (while wondering why it's necessary...).

Love kids eat free. We had dinner and breakfast for a great price. Restaurant staff are very very nice. Bring your priority rewards card for an additional break. This on top of our great priceline price made the stay exceptional.

(Re: the no fitted sheets comment from a few years ago. I have stayed in 40+ hotels in the two years; probably half have used military corner flat sheets at bottom sheets. Tends to be in the pricier places. So I don't know what it means, but IMHO it certainly isn't enough to avoid staying somewhere.)

• Stayed May 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 December 2016
Dear Pretty Good,

I was going through some things as the New GM and I noticed that we missed the chance to thank you for your review. Thank you and I aplologize for not getting back to you in all these years I hope that you are well. We look forward to seeing you again or my case for the first time.

Lisa Breeden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 26 May 2003

We live on the coast and when we come to the area, we always make our plans to stay here. The staff is GREAT! We always try and plan our trips when we know that Bootsie Daniels and Smack Dab are playing in the lounge. The rooms are nice (even without the fitted sheet, lol), the lounge is always fun on Fridays and Saturdays, and the location is excellent for being a central location for sight seeing. See you all soon!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Liberty Lake, Washington
Reviewed 18 March 2003

I just think for what the room cost us they could do a bit better. The staff was friendly enough that was not a problem, and the location was good. But the ripped shower curtain just added to the feeling that they could do just a bit more to make the stay nicer. The room could stand some udating. The biggest problem with the room by far though had to be the fact that they did not have fitted bottom sheets on their beds. My husband and I fought the bottom sheet all night trying to keep it from wrapping around our necks. I complained at the front desk after our first of four nights there, only find out that the hotel did not own one fitted bottom sheet! You pay decent money for a room and have to fight all night to not end up sleeping directly on the same mattress that thousands of others have slept on! To me that is a bit cheap and tacky. I could have gone to a much cheaper hotel and maybe expected to deal with non fitting bottom sheets, but did not expect to deal with something like that at the Holiday Inn-Golf and Conference Center. I would probably not book there again for that very reason.

2 Thank 567Cher
Dear Pretty Good,

I was going through some things as the New GM and I noticed that we missed the chance to thank you for your review. Thank you and I aplologize for not getting back to you in all these years I hope that you are well. I would like you to know that we went through a complete renovation in 2012 and hope you will come by and give us another chance.

Lisa Breeden

Travellers are raving about these Staunton hotels

Reviewed 5 April 2002

This hotel was right off 81. While there wasnt much (in the way of food/shops) in close proximity, the hotel had good location. The lobby and interior are very nice. The rooms were also nice. The bathroom was average but the shower was short (in other words, I felt like I was in a container taking a shower). The shower worked well however. The worst part of this hotel were the beds. They were hard/firm and the sheets were rather cheap.
The service was average. If you find a great rate, and are using this to just sleep for the night, I would suggest it. I wouldnt mind staying here again but wouldnt pay in excess of $60.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lisa B, Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 December 2016