All reviewsfront deskred lobsterking suitewould definitely stay here againthe breakfast arearoom was cleangreat roomgas stationexcellent staycomplimentary breakfastgreat place to staynext morningoatmealeasy accessoff the highwaywe've stayedstaff was friendly
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I arrived at the hampton in Staunton after a three hour drive to smiling faces asking us about our trip. Everyone is very nice and the breakfast is very good! I would defintly come back to the hotel! The rooms are nice and comfortable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here overnight to break up a road trip. I didn't check in until after midnight. The front desk clerk was very friendly and asked me if I needed help when she noticed I was traveling alone with a small child.

Room was clean and all that I expected from a Hampton Inn. Complimentary breakfast was good. I really wanted to like this place. However, I had a few issues (in order of occurrence, not severity):

I couldn't get the television to turn on. It indicated it was on but I never was able to get a program. It's Direct tv I believe. I called down to the front desk and the lady tried to help me over the phone (reset the box, make sure you are on the correct channel/input, etc) but nothing ever happened. Since it was late at night, I let it go. But it was really frustrating to not be able to watch television after spending hours on the road. I can't recall the last time I have had issues with the television at a hotel (and never at a Hampton).

When I woke up this morning and went to turn off the alarm clock, I scraped my hand against the night stand. There was a chipped edge on the corner of the nightstand that made the corner very sharp.This is probably something that wasn't easily noticeable. I actual cut the palm of my hand. Now, I don't want to sound dramatic. I don't need stitches or anything but I did bleed and it does hurt. I actually got blood on the pretty white comforter. I don't blame the hotel, it just bummed me out. I did notify the front desk attendant when I checked out and I am confident the hotel will address this. If my young son had cut himself on this edge, I would probably be more upset.

The final thing that really irked me was only having one package of regular coffee in the room. I know this sounds trivial :). There were four packages and three were decaf, But after the other issues (no tv, cut hand), I really wanted my coffee!

I think it is unlikely (hopefully) that all these annoyances would happen to someone else, so I guess I would recommend it to others. However, I just can't rate it as very good based on the experiences I had.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank boredlazy
StauntonHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, and for choosing us as your stop-over. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the television and the nightstand chip. My staff informed me of this situation the morning of your departure, and we invoked our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on your behalf. We have taken the appropriate steps in resolving the room issues, and I appreciate you bringing them to our attention. If you decide to travel through the Staunton area in the future, I do hope that you will consider us for your overnight.

Again, thank you so much, and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best Regards,

Andrew Bailey

Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you are traveling through the Shenandoah Valley on business or pleasure, book a night at the Hampton Inn Staunton. The staff is great, and the hotel is close to great restaurants, the Blue Ridge Pkwy. and a number of local attractions.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Lane W
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Staunton for a night while traveling the Valley Pike in Virginia. I cannot praise the staff there enough. They were enthusiastic, attentive, and helpful. They gave great advice about restaurants and attractions. Based on that advice, my wife and I had an outstanding dinner at Emilio's in downtown Staunton. Breakfast the next morning, was just as outstanding: hot, delicious, and plentiful. Again, the staff, including maids, was just as attentive and pleasurable as they were the previous evening. The Hampton Inn Staunton not only maintains the high standard that I have come to expect form all Hampton Inn hotels, in my opinion it set the standard. Well done and we'll be back!

Room Tip: I prefer a room facing the front, looking toward the mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel was clean and the room was comfortable. Convenient access to highway. The staff was very friendly. I would not hesitate to stay here or at another Hampton. Very good value and made a great layover stop.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family