“Headed Home Happy”

Hampton Inn Staunton
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Returning to Ohio after a great trip to Washington, DC. Staunton, VA provided the perfect stopping point on our drive. Enjoyed the service and quality of accommodations. The pool was outdoors so it was too cool for use, but it looked beautiful. The wifi service made the teens happy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Hampton Inn in Staunton VA is a great place to spend the night, while traveiing on I-81. Clean , modern, and comfortable accomadations accompanied by a friendly helpful staff. I have stayed at this hotel several times and it remains my hotel of choice when traveling through the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This Hampton Inn is a very good choice for travelers in the Staunton area. As others have said the front staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful! They provided names of good restaurants in town along with a map.

You can tell that it isn't any old Hampton Inn as you walk through the front door. It was renovated in 2012 and has a good feel about the lobby/breakfast area. The room and bath showed that there had been a recent upgrade and the beds were comfortable. We could hear the people in the next room, but that is not surprising as we had a room that had a connecting door to it. Thankfully it was not a problem as the people were quiet.

Even though it overlooks a mall and gas station, it doesn't bother you because it is higher up off the local road and you do have some views of distant mountains. It has quick and easy access to Rt. 81, but happily you do not see the highway from the hotel. I would stay at this Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: Better views from the west and front side of the hotel when staying on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I'm from Staunton and I'm here with my fiancé and my future in-laws this weekend. Yesterday we hung out in downtown Staunton and saw a play at the Black Friar's so our plan was to stay at the Stonewall Jackson (a lovely hotel with a lot of history and character). I was really pleased that my fiancé's parents got a room there because it's their first time here and I wanted them to gave a great first impression. Unfortunately, the rest of the hotel and all of the nearby bed and breakfast were full, so we ended up with a room here, at the Hampton Inn.
The location, as I knew, is not good. It's across from our 'mall' which is a pathetic excuse for a mall, and everything else around is pretty generic and unattractive. However, I have to say I'm pretty pleased so far and I'd stay here next time we come to Staunton.
The price is quite a bit lower, the beds are comfortable, everything is clean and updated. I like that the beds have machine washable duvet covers that actually get washed, unlike most hotels that have nasty bedspreads that don't. The employees are so friendly! The breakfast is really impressive and there's a pool and complimentary wifi. Good coffee with several options on the brew. Complimentary cookies. Really, it's everything you need for a quick stop, and the drive to downtown is less than 5 minutes. Will come back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
StauntonHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for the great review! I am so glad you all enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again the next time you stop through the area.

Take Care-

Andrew Bailey

Reviewed 25 April 2014

No discount offered for senior or AAA due to spring break in the region. Renovations occurring on the floor where we were staying and the room was extremely noisy (near highways). If one is going to the hotel to sleep I suggest that you bypass this one for sure as its location is next to a highway. Perhaps if you can get a room on the opposite side, it might be doable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rose S
StauntonHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

I wanted to let you know that this review was meant to be written for another hotel. Our hotel in Staunton, VA is not under construction, nor are we a spring break destination that would not offer any type of discount for our senior travelers. I am so sorry that you experienced this situation at another Hampton property, and I suggest you contact Hilton Guest Assistance to help resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Andrew Bailey

Reviewed 23 April 2014

while we initially lamented not staying at a historic property downtown, this was so well priced, so convenient, staff was so great, and breakfast and facilities so well kept, that when we return for Blackfriars Shakespeare, we will definitely stay here again; staff were better than a typical urban concierge; only complaint is that they need more pillows; only two for a king bed is inadequate, otherwise this property would have been completely comparable to a higher end brand hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I arrived at the hampton in Staunton after a three hour drive to smiling faces asking us about our trip. Everyone is very nice and the breakfast is very good! I would defintly come back to the hotel! The rooms are nice and comfortable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staunton
Best Western Staunton Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 15 in Staunton
Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft

Been to Hampton Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!