“Hampton Inn - Staunton”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Virginia
“Hampton Inn - Staunton”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I spent one night at the Hampton Inn in Staunton, VA on our way to West Virginia. Our room was very clean and quiet all night. Beds were comfortable and we had plenty of space for the two of us. Breakfast was ample and the coffee good, too. We especially like the location away from the noise of I-81 but not too far. Very nice experience overall

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Silver Spring, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Excellent place to stay in Staunton, Va. Clean, quiet, with great breakfast. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. This hotel is close to interstate routes which makes it very convenient. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Townsend, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Friends and I were doing Mountain Mama in Monterey, VA and wanted a comfortable, air-conditioned hotel near nice restaurants. The hotel was comfortable, had a nice refrigerator and was easy to move bikes up to room. My room was quiet, air was good and internet connection was good. Very convenient to downtown staunton and close to highway to get to Monterey.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed many times before and enjoy this Hampton. Staff is friendly and pool is great. However there was the loudest noises right outside of our window this morning. It was awful. We are with young children whom we needed to sleep in so they would be rested for busch gardens today. However I have a feeling we will all be sleepy today. Very disappointing since we love the hotel and stay often.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TeamTyler
StauntonHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for staying at our hotel, and writing a review here on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry to hear there was an outside disturbance on the morning of your departure. Please accept our most sincere apologies. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at the property.

Best Regards,

Andrew Bailey
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for two nights - Fri and Sat. The staff we encountered were very friendly so no issues there. The property itself is a bit dated but clean. The complementary breakfast was run by one man and he worked his tail off to make sure every item was available in sufficient quantity. Will definitely stay again should we need lodging in the area.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Russ B
East Patchogue, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel was well located near everything - supermarket, CVS, gas stations, several restaurants. Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was well furnished and extremely clean. If anyone I know needs a hotel in Staunton, VA I will definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I frequently travel up and down the east coast visiting our children and their families. We only stay at Hampton Inns. We travel on the first day and try to get as far as we can stopping at a Hampton Inn for a one night stay over. Up until tonight the rate we've been charged has been between $120 and $140 for the night. Not cheap but worth it. Well tonight we were charge $175 for the night. When I questioned why it was so high I was told about the "GROW" program. Basically stated Hilton is jacking up the room rate based on late night walk- ins as the property reaching full capacity regardless of their Hilton Honors membership or status.

We won't be back. It's time to find another chain that doesn't rip off loyal customers.

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank SoloTraveler1969
StauntonHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for staying at our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you were not happy about our rate the night that you stayed with us. The hotel's rates during our peak season range from $139-$179 based on the hotel's occupancy and the demand within our market. I do hope that you will consider staying with us should your travels bring you back to the Staunton area.

Best Regards,

Andrew Bailey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staunton
Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Red Roof Inn Staunton
Red Roof Inn Staunton
#6 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Hampton Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!