“Not Bad”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
“Not Bad”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Room was clean. Bed was OK. Nice and quiet. Good channels on the TV. All in All...Not Great, But Not Bad. Hats off to Joe who works the front desk. Warm and friendly. Made sure you were happy. Forget the Free Breakfast, that is a joke...

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Driving to across country, this was an overnight stop. Breakfast is decent for brand. Motel room is dated and has a musty smell. Bathroom needs chalking. Staff very friendly. Room was ok for the one night to rest our head and get back on the road. Would not recommend this property for longer stays.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a nice Motel a room a bed and a tv...It is well cleaned and the staff is nice. but do not expect the extras. but for the price and location it is well worth it.WiFi is free but not to strong so if that is a deal breaker then just a heads up....only down sid is breakfast is bare bones (go some were elce)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Bethel (Canton), North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Not the best, not the worst room we've ever had. This location features very basic rooms that include tv, microwave, fridge, and internet access. The room is featureless with bland wall coverings and no pictures on the walls. The bathroom should definitely been cleaner. Not too sure if we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I don't usually call ahead for reservations unless I'm very familiar with a property. We wanted to use our points for a room so I called central reservations for this chain. I was told it was a new property and that 72% of the people like it I took a chance and booked the room. Oh gosh, what a shock awaited us as we pulled up. The place was dark and the parking lot pretty much of a mess. I drive a Vette so I was very concerned about the safety of my car. We parked in what we felt was the safest spot. The lobby was a tip off as to how the rest of the place was going to be. We were not put in the same building as the lobby but were directed though the double doors of a building across the parking lot. As soon as we opened the door the place smelled old. The room was also old even though the bedding looked to have been recently done. The beds were comfortable but the lines were terrible. The sheets didn't even fit the beds so they kept popping off. The blanket looked like it was right out of the 50's. The real shock came when I went to plug in my tablet behind the nightstand. The dirt was so think it was falling off the baseboards and the wires unto the floor. It was a mess. I hated to think what might be living behind the beds. The breakfast was a joke and the room a mess. I had an English Muffin and a cup of cold coffee. When we went to check out the clerk went totally off the wall when I told him I didn't have the key with me. He yelled "you don't have a key". I told him I didn't have it as my husband had it and we were never given a problem checking out of any other place and not turning in the key. He got very angry and actually screamed at us saying he had to have the key back because they use the keys again. I hunted up my husband and put the key down on the counter. The guy was still screaming as we walked out. I wasn't expecting luxury at an Econo Lodge, but I was expected a clean, comfortable room, and not to be screamed at. I have stayed at this chain before, and have had good experiences, just not this time. My advice is to go anyplace else. Had it not been so late when we arrived, we would have left and gone elsewhere. Traveler beware!!!

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Staunton hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I really wished I had seen previous reviews of this motel. Saw bed bugs crawling on the bed and went to the front desk clerk with my mother who was very polite and professional in asking the clerk for a solution to the problem. He declined to come look at the bugs and told us to vacate the premises immediately and even threatened to call the police if we didn't. It was 12 AM I had two small children and was 500 miles from home. We did leave the motel after bagging all of our belongings in trash bags. We called the health department the next business day who reported finding nothing upon an inspection three days later (the owner did report he cleaned the room). I did take photos of the bugs and excrement on the mattress.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank brittrains1
Loretto, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 November 2013

More than adequate for our needs: a place to sleep and a quick morning breakfast. We we in Staunton for the American Shakespeare Center's Friday and Saturday productions and spent little time in the room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple