“Wonderful hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stopped here on our way home from the Nascar race in Martinsville,VA.We were tired and we have stopped at this exit off I-81 , its a nice area. We tried the Sleep Inn first and the very rude lady behind the desk told us don't bother waiting we have no rooms, so we went up the road to the Comfort Inn. It was 10:15 at night and the girl behind the desk was great, she was nice and friendly. The room was beautiful, the beds were comfortable and the price was great. We were very pleased. We had a good nights sleep and checked out in the morning. The people at the desk were nice also, there was someone being trained but they were both pleasant . As we checked out the floor in the lobby had just been mopped and the woman was vacuuming the rug so the desk help had to shout and the floor was very slippery( my sister walks with a cane so wet floor is a hazard).I know they need to clean but they shouldn't be doing it at check out time and the vacuum needed to be turned off when people are trying to talk. Other than that we were very happy with the hotel and will definitely stop there again.We missed the free breakfast but it looked ok. We went to the Waffle house right on property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you found your way to us after the race and that you were greeted by our friendly staff and a comfortable bed! It is always nice to hear our guests had a good night's sleep - that's what we're here for.
We are mindful of your comments about the timing of housekeeping in public areas and appreciate the feedback.
We hope we have won your loyalty as we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The room was very nice--clean, attractive, comfortable-- and the breakfast was typically adequate. But what stood out for us was their welcoming attitude towards pets. The receptionist gave each dog a paper bag with a treat, a toy, plastic bags, and a message to be read to the owner about how to take care of the pet during the stay. There was a pet walking area outside the side door and across the street--not fenced in, but with a large garbage can for depositing wastes. The attitude of the place was very positive and proactive. Very much appreciated. Oh, the coupons we got at the state welcome center brought the price down considerably. This will be a definite stop on our future trips north and south.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

It is such a pleasure to to be a pet-friendly hotel and we always love hearing from happy "pet parents". We know how important is it to find quality lodging while traveling with pets.
Thank you for your comments on our clean, comfortable rooms and complimentary breakfast buffet.
We are so glad to hear that you plan to stay with us again when you are next in our area. We look forward to providing you with the same pleasant accommodations on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We have stayed at this motel several times. Every stay has been great. You get good service from the people that work there. Rooms are really nice breakfast is good. I would say stay here you want regret it.

• Stayed: November 2013
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Staunton team, thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your experience with others. Your compliments on our hotel, our staff and our complimentary breakfast are especially heartwarming coming from someone who has stayed with us several times and has come to expect a high level of satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I would like to greatly commend Joni Lockridge who was working the front desk when I, (as a 65 year old woman traveling alone from GA to NJ, developed a severe vertigo episode),came downstairs to seek help about 7:20 am on December 29, 2013. At first I just asked if they had dramamine or bonine, but of course that was not available. And since I couldn't drive with this vertigo, I was completely stranded about halfway between my family in GA and my home in NJ. Joni was completely sympathetic with me and understood my anxiety as she too had suffered from vertigo before. I became nauseous and was unable to eat or drink anything. She said she would call 911 for me if I wished and I agreed. They soon arrived and took me to the hospital's emergency room a few miles away. I was actually there until the afternoon. I was having difficulty contacting my family since cell phones don't work well (if at all) in emergency rooms. I would have called her back to let her know my situation. I was lucky enough to get in touch with my brother who is a Dr. in GA with a very broken phone transmission. He did get that I was in the hospital and collectively my family decided to ask my cousin who lives in the Washington, D.C area and she and her husband to come to get me. They drove me back to the hotel where my car was. Joni was so warm and happy to see me, as she put it, "walking upright" to my cousin. She understood my sickness and my being stranded and unable to drive or even call, so she generously made the decision to not charge me for the late checkout about 3:30pm. I can't tell you how kind and sincere she was in the assistance she gave me and what ever accolades you can bestow upon her, believe me, she deserves any and all you can give her!!! She is truly an asset to the Comfort Inn chain of hotels! I felt she was my "angel" on December 29th!

Lynda W. Armona
mimauma@gmail.com

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mimauma
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We were so glad to share all you had to say with Joni - she was very pleased to hear you are doing well. It is always our goal to treat our guests as if they are a guest in our own home and it sounds as though Joni cared for you in that way. On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Inn Staunton, we thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to the Staunton Area.
Sarah H.
Guest Relations

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Just an overnight stay while traveling.
We used the coupons books, and chose this hotels since they
had queen and king size beds and a hot breakfast.
The lobby was decorated beautifully for Christmas and there
was free hot popcorn available, which was a treat.
Breakfast was good, with eggs and sausage along with normal
continental breakfast items.

Room Tip: Bathrooms were small but everything was fine
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Staunton. We are glad our rooms were comfortable and convenient for your needs and that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot/cold breakfast buffet! Our team does take great pride in creating a cozy and inviting “home away from home” atmosphere which includes lovely seasonal decorations and amenities like fresh, hot popcorn. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We've stayed at this hotel twice in the last ten days, going and coming on I-81 from New York State to Georgia. The rooms were clean and spacious, although the bathroom on one night was quite small. Breakfast choices were above par; staff friendly; check-in and check-out were easy. We'll stay here again on our next trip. Very close to I-81 exit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Sarah H, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

We so appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your stays at our Comfort Inn with the Trip Advisor community. We love to hear that a guest experience is so positive that the guest not only returns again but also encourage others to visit with us. As you noted, our location is very convenient to travelers on the I-81 corridor. Loved hearing that the complimentary breakfast variety was above par and that our staff was friendly. Your comments have been shared with the team at the hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here about 4 years ago and were very impressed by the cleanliness. This time around it was still pretty clean but looking a bit worn. Again, traveling with our dog, we were not told there would be a fee when we booked only to be charged at the hotel $10 for the dog. (not much but I don't like surprises).
Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for your return visit. We were very disappointed to hear that your subsequent visit did not meet your expectations and do appreciate your feedback. As a pet friendly hotel, our minimal pet fee is mentioned on the franchise website and the goal is that this is mentioned to our guests during the actual reservation process. We are very sorry that did not happen in your case. Thank you for your compliments on our housekeeping. Annually money is invested back in to the hotel in order to keep it fresh and current. We are pleased to share that sleeping rooms as well as public areas have recently received new carpet and new bedding packages. We do hope you will visit again!