“Great southern hospitality”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal either great beer. Heather is a lovely southern belle at the bar. She gave great recommendations for food and drink. The three brothers brewery beers on tap are awesome. I had the salmon which was great. I also had the corn jalapeño dip as a starter great. Super southern hospitality at a great place.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first time visiting Clocktower. I had the steak and cheese sandwich and it was truly excellent. The atmosphere was nice and calm. The only negative I had with Clocktower was the wait. It was a bit long especially since there was only 2 or 3 other parties in the restaurant. We will go back.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I arrived alone on a lunch break in what was my first visit to Staunton. The restaurant was clearly open for business with one table occupied at 11.35. A very pleasant barista got my libation promptyl after learning that the lemonade tank was empty...slight delay. Curiously, the manager (maybe the owner) brought a bucket of disinfectant/floor wash from behind the bar and parked it right in front of me. At the time I was the only person at the bar. She then proceeded to put move chairs and tables apart so she could mop the floor. Folks, you do that before you open, after you close or when there is an accident...none of these apply.
I moved.
Great roast beef and bleu cheese panini and fried green tomatoes. Very reasonable prices.
I will go back if I find out the floor mopping schedule.

1  Thank MikefromThelake
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We felt the decor was attractive, and the service was prompt and friendly. We especially appreciated the fact that we could actually hear each other speak (i.e., calm atmosphere as opposed to a raucous din). We ordered a chicken panini and a pastrami sandwich (each came with homemade chips, and both were delicious). In fact, we enjoyed the sandwich enough to order another to eat later in the day.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The food was very good there. All of our food came out very well. We were stuff. The service was good. We were help but a few people. Good reommendation if you find yourself downtown at dinnertime. We will go back to this restaurant if we are ever back in the area.