Clocktower Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I actually visited Clocktower on two separate occasions this past weekend. We first hit up Clocktower in the late evening to grab a few beers and relax. The place was pretty empty, but they did have some music going on in another location of the restaurant. The beer selection was pretty decent, showcasing some of the local brew offerings. Everyone we came in contact with was extremely friendly. We then hit up Clocktower for lunch the following day. I ordered the Mozzarella Caprese panini and my husband had the turkey, spinach, and artichoke panini. Both of us ordered the house made chips. WOW! I generally do not finish my meals and I ate every bite of this! My husband raved about how good his sandwich tasted. I wish that we would have had time to go back. The food service took an expected amount of time and our waitress was very kind and helpful when we asked questions about the area. I highly recommend grabbing a bite here. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We dined here tonight and had a wonderful meal. Every dish was great and our server was friendly and exceptional. We will definitely be dining here again on a return visit to Staunton.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The service here is so slow. By the time they finally brought out food the pasta was cold, the gravy on the potatoes was congealed, and while the water was kept refilled the tea and other drinks did not get refilled promptly. The waitress overcharged us and had to be shown the menu price to believe it. The bread is good, but after being promised 4 times we still did not get more with our meal. Never take hungry children there. We had to ask for silverware twice.

Clocktower27, General Manager at Clocktower Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

We apologize for your frustration on Friday evening while dining in our restaurant.
When you are in the people pleasing business, it is extremely difficult to do so 100% of the time because as people, we are all different and as customers, we have different expectations on service and quality of food. From our side of the aisle, we strive to get it right every time as you can read from the many other complimentary comments, but we are human too and sometimes mistakes are made which at times are beyond our control. This is why we have a manager on duty at all times to address and correct any issue a customer may have to ensure a positive experience because we do really do care about our customers. I know for a fact that both I and my manager came to your table that night because we discussed the comments left on the check and were very disappointed that we were not able to address your concerns in person. Given the opportunity we could have handled it to your satisfaction especially since we recognized some of your guests at the table as regulars.
We make everything fresh and at times when we are really busy it is difficult to keep up. The reason our bread tastes as good as it does is that we bake it off a little at a time so it does not get hard and stale. As far as your other concerns it is difficult to address after the fact. We did not have any other problems that night so I cannot properly discern if it was the server or a kitchen problem. If this should ever happen again at any restaurant please let a manager know of your concerns most of us in this business will do anything possible to make it right.
My wife and I would like the opportunity to make it up you by extending a personal invitation to come back and see us and hopefully we can meet in person to resolve this issue and regain your confidence.

John and Kim Di Guardo
Owners

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Walked past this restaurant and decided to stop for a drink. We looked at the menu and decided to stay for dinner. Both of us ordered pasta dishes and very pleased with our choices. Salads were fresh, bread good and pasta really good. The waiter has been there for years and was terrific!

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal either great beer. Heather is a lovely southern belle at the bar. She gave great recommendations for food and drink. The three brothers brewery beers on tap are awesome. I had the salmon which was great. I also had the corn jalapeño dip as a starter great. Super southern hospitality at a great place.