“Weeknight dinner”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Went there for dinner on a week night. The waitress was really nice as was the rest of the staff. A few minor changes and I would give them an excellent rating. The club sandwich I had was tasty although I paid $2.95 extra to get onion rings instead of the house chips and I literally got 4. Was a bit surprised by that. They didn't have a beer list nor a sign on the wall with the beers listed so we had to have the waitress tell us what they served on tap. It would be nice to have a typed list to look at as we couldn't see what was on tap at the bar from where we were sitting. They gave us a slice of banana bread for dessert which was really good. They sell fresh bakery so of course we bought some. I would recommend going. The building is huge and I guess back in the day it used to be a YMCA. The waitress said Friday and Saturday nights they have live music in the back room which wasn't being used when we were there.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We stopped in for dinner at the recommendation of a friend who eats there often. It was a Saturday night and they were able to seat us right away. I like how the history of the building is printed right on the menu, very interesting. Our server was really attentive and friendly, and I didn't feel like we had to wait very long for our food. I ordered the burger, and man was it good! One of the best burgers I've had in a while. I also ordered the onion rings, which were fantastic! I live in Charlottesville, and I don't get to Staunton all that often, but I know where to get a fantastic burger the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We came to The Clocktower Restaurant on a holiday weekend night at about 8pm. Thought we were going to have trouble getting a table. Not so. Except for a few people at the bar we were the only ones. We were told it changed hands so I'm not sure what it was like before, however our waiter was the greatest! The food was good. We ordered the spinach artichoke dip app. It was good but very cream cheesy and they had to substitute the homemade chips for the tortilla chips. They should have that all the time!!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We ate lunch here on week day in early June. We arrived around 2:00 PM and there were only a few others tables occupied at that time. We had high expectations based upon TA reviews but were not impressed.

It seemed to take a very long time to get our lunch items - considering there were only a few other diners, and no large groups. I can't recall for sure what two items we ordered - I am thinking mine was a lunch special turkey burger - we were just not wowed and I did not like the home made chips.

Place was OK - but slow service resulted in low rating.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Sunday brunch at the Clocktower offers really good food and varied menu choices, along with reasonable prices....but...the service is very slow. This seems to be because the number of servers is very few, in fact only one the day we visited. Coffee was not refilled despite being requested, and it was hard to get the server's attention. The whole-grain French toast and crispy hash browns arrived hot, though, and delicious. Sausages were perfectly cooked. A variety of fresh pastries were available to eat there or to go. The rest of the menu looked tasty, so we will give Clocktower another try at a later date and hope they will have better service...because the meal was excellent.