“Nice Lunch”

Byers Street Bistro
Ranked #4 of 129 Restaurants in Staunton
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Nice Lunch”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

While walking around and taking in the sights of Staunton, we stopped at Byers Street Bistro for lunch. We sat inside as the outdoor seating was full. We chose to sit upstairs by the windows which was nice. We had sandwiches and drinks. Service was great and we enjoyed our lunch.

2 Thank Judy J

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A slow lunch in downtown Staunton”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stopped for a quick lunch, but had trouble finding a place to park. Across the street we had to pay to park. The waitress was pleasant and seated us immediately. The menu had a good selection. I ordered the smoked turkey with crab dressing on a croissant, and my partner ordered the spinach salad. After a while the waitress brought us two turkey pitas, and left. I followed her back into the restaurant and said we got the wrong orders. The folks next to us said that was their order. The Waitress then delivered the meals to the proper table and went back in to check on our order. Two minutes later she apologized and gave us the correct meals. It took a long time to get the check. Counting the drive into the city from I-81 and the slow service and the drive back out (after paying the parking fee). It cost us 2 hours for lunch and we arrived late at our destination. The food was OK, but I would not go back or recommend this place to anyone.

Visited June 2014
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Extensive menu. Fast, courteous service. Dog friendly. Great tasting food. This place had all the essentials for a wonderful dining experience! We enjoyed their cozy outdoor seating on a lovely June evening with our dogs in tow. The wait staff were attentive and friendly and even brough water for our dogs! Definitely highly recommend this place and will definitely look forward to eating here again. Hopefully in the near future. A must visit if you are in the Staunton/Waynesboro area.

“Delicious American food”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stopped here for lunch with my dad and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The fried green tomato sandwich was phenomenal and my dad really liked his burger too. I also got a sampler of local beers which was tasty. Definitely will come back when we're in town. Very quick, friendly and responsive service too.

Ridgeway, VA
“Food is delicious”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The atmosphere is just OK which is why this is a 4 instead of a 5. The food; however, is a 5. My husband had the chicken and waffles and I had Salmon. Both dishes were delicious. The service was also good. If we are in Staunton again, would eat here again.

• Visited May 2014