“Soul Food Done Right!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My husband and I have now had two take-out meals from the Untouch'd Grill, both of them delicious. Between the two of us we have tried the chicken, meatloaf, ribs, and pulled pork sandwich. Portions were generous, especially those of the meatloaf dinner. I had enough left over for lunch the next day! All of our selections were juicy and full of flavor. We particularly like the barbeque sauce and hope they will sell us a bottle or two to use at home. The collard greens are a standout, well seasoned with pork but not at all salty or overdone. Probably the best I have ever eaten. All of the food, including the sides, has been fresh and homemade. Next to try is the fish! We live nearby and anticipate returning to the Untouch'd Grill time and again.

1  Thank Neferteria

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Untouch'd Grill has opened in the former Smoking Rooster space, featuring honest-to-goodness soul food. They feature carryout (seating is only two four-tops and an eating bar).
We ate there shortly after its recent opening, and it was a mouth-watering experience. I had the BBQ chicken with sides of slaw and collards and my wife had the Thursday special meatloaf with potato salad and mac and cheese. The BBQ chicken was delicious (I should note that the smoker was not yet up and running so the BBQ is all in the sauce, which is outstanding) and the collards were among the best I have ever tasted. A welcome change from the usual kale or mustard greens. The cole slaw as fresh and crunchy. My wife pronounced the meat loaf fantastic, and her sides were very good.
Service was on the slow side, and I recommend ordering ahead by phone. It may improve as they get their groove. (They did throw in a very nice piece of carrot cake as compensation for the slow service.)

Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

What a shame it closed but no surprise as the owner just didnt seem to care. What happened to the white woman who managed it and the Jamaican guy who cooked? The place was GREAT then!

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We really miss The Smoking Rooster for great barbecue and sides. A new soul food establishment is slated to open there shortly. Watch this space for a review.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

My wife and I went for lunch. The red beans and rice were delicious, and the curry chicken was tasty, but had too many bones. The greens were bland. The biggest problem was that they do not allow customers to use the rest room. I had to walk across the street to the gas station to access a bathroom. Service is friendly, but not the place to go if you are in a hurry - it takes awhile for the food to arrive. So decent overall, but it is inappropriate to deny rest room access.