“Never going back”

Dining options: Delivery
Staunton, VA
“Never going back”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was the only customer in the place, and ordered a half of a barbecue chicken, and requested all dark meat, which the owners said wouldn't be a problem. Big mistake not to look at it before I left--I got home to find fried chicken, mostly white meat, that was not fully cooked. We couldn't eat it and threw it out. A total waste of money, never going back there. Unbelievable.

• Visited August 2013

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“Great for a quick casual lunch”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

The Giavonii Chicken sandwich was great! And the hamburger was good as well. The only disappointing thing was the food came out in to-go boxes even though we eat in the restaurant. Presentation is lacking but the taste and price cant be beat.

• Visited July 2013
“Eh for barbeque.”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I paid $12 bucks for small portion of Mac and cheese, very soupy Cole slaw and pulled pork with no flavor. They didn't have any sauce on there barbeque at all. Disappointed at best.

• Visited May 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
“Soul Food Done Right!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My husband and I have now had two take-out meals from the Untouch'd Grill, both of them delicious. Between the two of us we have tried the chicken, meatloaf, ribs, and pulled pork sandwich. Portions were generous, especially those of the meatloaf dinner. I had enough left over for lunch the next day! All of our selections were juicy and full of flavor. We particularly like the barbeque sauce and hope they will sell us a bottle or two to use at home. The collard greens are a standout, well seasoned with pork but not at all salty or overdone. Probably the best I have ever eaten. All of the food, including the sides, has been fresh and homemade. Next to try is the fish! We live nearby and anticipate returning to the Untouch'd Grill time and again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Neferteria
Staunton, Virginia
“Untouch'd Grill is worthy successor to The Rooster”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Untouch'd Grill has opened in the former Smoking Rooster space, featuring honest-to-goodness soul food. They feature carryout (seating is only two four-tops and an eating bar).
We ate there shortly after its recent opening, and it was a mouth-watering experience. I had the BBQ chicken with sides of slaw and collards and my wife had the Thursday special meatloaf with potato salad and mac and cheese. The BBQ chicken was delicious (I should note that the smoker was not yet up and running so the BBQ is all in the sauce, which is outstanding) and the collards were among the best I have ever tasted. A welcome change from the usual kale or mustard greens. The cole slaw as fresh and crunchy. My wife pronounced the meat loaf fantastic, and her sides were very good.
Service was on the slow side, and I recommend ordering ahead by phone. It may improve as they get their groove. (They did throw in a very nice piece of carrot cake as compensation for the slow service.)

• Visited May 2013