“A gem....”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Aioli is a big city spot in a small city locale. The menu includes a dozen or so tapas and several full size entrees, as well as daily specials. All are delish!. I have been to Aoili many times and am never disappointed, especially when Madeline is our server. She is a a multitasking delight...being both bartender and server...and, taking care of all expertly. The bruschetta trio is surprisingly good, as is the Caprese salad and the mixed mushroom dish. The seafood tapas, scallops and mussels, are always perfectly cooked, and are my favorite. Among the entrees is an excellent paella and a very special veggie ravioli in a light sauce.
Aioli is a very attractive place. Conveniently located just off the main drag and decorated with local art on the exposed brick walls. There is a small restored vintage bar at the back of the restaurant...a great spot for a drink and a tapas or two. Wish they served Patron, but that is just a very small criticism of an wonderful restaurant.

1  Thank pinxgr

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Really nice atmosphere in this tiny restaurant. Great for couples. They had nice music on Thursday night and apparently that is recurring. Some of the tapas were good and very reasonably priced. The mussels and scallops were very good as was the bread. We also got a tart, the sausage, and charcuterie which were good but not great.

The one downside is the service was really truly lacking. I understand it was a relaxed atmosphere but my water never got refilled during the course of the 1.5 hours we were there. It also took well over 30 minutes after we were eating before we got our check. We will definitely be visiting Staunton again but I think we will probably pass on this restaurant though they seem to have a few good things going for them.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Aioli's food is beautiful as well as delicious, visually like nouvelle cuisine but with larger portions. The dining room is small but elegant, decorated with lovely paintings by local artists, and it has a beautiful bar. Service is excellent if occasionally a little slow, but they will ask when you make reservations if you are on a tight schedule. Reservations are recommended.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were so tired from a long car trip and just needed to relax, and we were delighted with our server, Stephanie. She seemed to be able to anticipate just what we were about to request. The food was very good, and the wine and cocktails excellent. We recommend the lamb especially. Overall a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Exactly the kind of place I was looking for, and expected to find in Staunton. I walked around for a while, not sure of what I wanted to eat. The town has a large and varied selection of places to eat (especially for such a small town). It's off Main st. and not much to look at from the outside, but the inside is pretty, quiet, subdued but not too dark,you would think you were in a little city Bistro. It's a very comfortable place to be in, but the food is the star. There was not one item on the small plate list that I wouldn't have happily eaten (especially after I ate the ones I did order). I received great service, and if I had not already shop at the local chocolate shop (as my waitress noticed), I would have stayed for dessert.

1  Thank Bob6189