“Free breakfast but no coffee or food.”
Review of Motel 6 Staunton

Motel 6 Staunton
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
“Free breakfast but no coffee or food.”
Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. It's run down and they advertise a free breakfast... They have cereal and toast; the lack of coffee with this free breakfast is absurd. :-/ The tvs are out of date and the wifi connects but is pointless because its throttled so badly that I'd be better off using my data at 3G speeds, much much faster.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank GSheffield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Raphine, Virginia
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We couldn't connect to the Internet with any Apple products, and the technician we called said they'd been having that "issue" for some time.
The breakfast was awful: Yellow discs supposed to be eggs, off-tasting sausage and milk for the stale cereal. There was one tiny Danish in the tray, hard as a rock, and the muffins weren't Thomas'. At 8 A.M. I had the last of the coffee in the carafe--no one filled it.
We stayed in an end room and the wall, headboard , pillows, and bathroom were so cold it was like being in a meat locker. This hotel is the cheapest in the area, but not worth the savings.

Room Tip: The Comfort Inn at Exit 222 in Staunton, Va is nice, as is the Quality Inn on the Lee Highway north...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CJE23e
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Myself and my boys stopped here overnight travelling from PA to TN. Aside from the fact that they gave me a rather out of the way room for checking in so late at night, it was a great deal. Inexpensive with my AAA discount too! The room was clean the bathroom was clean. A bit outdated, but it was perfect for what I needed. Took awhile to heat up and it was quite chilly. The breakfast area is kind of annoying as its crowded and a little oddly set up...but it worked perfect for what we needed. Good deal.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TJones15
Wilkesboro
Reviewed 20 November 2012

For the price I paid I didn't expect a fancy room.But I did expect comfort. The heat made such a loud noise that you couldn't hear the tv.It just worked on hi and lo. It did not operate with the temperature. I had to cut it off to sleep. The tile was falling off the walls in the bathroom and the cleaning lady knocked on my door at 8:30 on Sunday morning. The free breakfast was BAD. I'm not sure what I ate was sausage and the egg circles was like eating rubber. The commode did flush and that is why I am giving it a one star. No more Quality Inns for me.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Megan813

Travellers are raving about these Staunton hotels

Madison
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I typically stay at Marriott & Hampton hotels but found myself on a long drive alone with no reason to stay far beyond the highway so I chose this hotel. Although the property is dated and is typical of road-side motels, the room was comfortable and clean, and I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of the breakfast. For the price, this hotel is a great value for travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank A_Biz_Trvlr
north carolina
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The weather forecast caused a change in our plans and we found the Quality Inn by calling the main number. I didn't expect the fanciest room around here. The room we got was very nice and clean. The place was undergoing renovations so it was not perfect but our stay was nice and comfortable. The breakfast was a little smaller than we are used to but there was still plenty to eat. The staff was attentive and helpful. When the printer would not work the manager asked me to email him the document that I needed and he printed it for me. We plan to return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: We had an Evergreen Room which had a special air filter in the room and a filter in the shower. It...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly C
Maryland
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed in this location for its relative proximity to Shenandoah National Park. The worst Quality Inn we've ever stayed in (and there have been quite a few around the country). We've stayed in motels that were better than this Inn. Very old and run-down. TV and dresser covered in splashes of mysterious grey substance, a couple of lamps didn't work, outlets couldn't hold a charger, carpet was very dirty, TV remote didn't really work. Bathroom was relatively decent. Breakfast was a joke, with a grumpy lady emerging from the back room every so often with one item (10 patties or a few muffins at a time), and then disappearing for another 10-15 minutes to bring another item, so the guests from the hotel's 100 rooms stood around waiting forever to get their breakfast. Not a very family-friendly establishment, with heavy cigarette smoke hanging around the hotel (although the room was non-smoking, the moment you step out of the door, you are greeted with smoke). It was a typical lower quality motel, but definitely not a Quality Inn I am used to.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family