Motel 6 Staunton
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn(Staunton)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsinexpensive place to stayadvance bookingrenovated roomdecent roomshower pressurequiet hotelcoffee makercomfortable bedthree nightsflat screen tvroad tripcomplimentary breakfastdryercorridor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Make no mistake, this place is tired. As a previous reviewer mentioned, it's the old 70's style Holiday Inn type where the buildings surround a pool (which I can't rate since it was winter). Rooms are quite large. However, the bathrooms were incredibly worn, and the fixtures/ceiling were old and chipping as mentioned earlier. I didn't find the room or bathroom to be dirty at all. Not spotless, but acceptably clean.

I liked the bed linens/duvet cover/pillows.

There was a problem with the heater, where the thermostat dial (Room 125) wouldn't work. Therefore, it was either on (blowing out warm air) or off. And getting up multiple times during the night, either sweating or freezing to turn it on or off was hard. I did bring this to the attention of the front desk in the morning, and I am sure they will take care of it.

Also note that the room we stayed in (125) is right next to a stairwell, which you can hear quite clearly when someone goes up or down. If this bothers you, I'd request a room that's not next to stairs.

Breakfast was nice, and they had it out promptly by 5:30 (advertised at 6) which was good for us since we needed an early start.

I give them an above average rating due to the quality/level of service. Value is good compared to rates of competing hotels in the Staunton area. With a bathroom renovation and new carpet, this place would be great.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2009

I would not recommend this hotel. The service was wonderful, but the facilities need to be updated. The bedding and furniture were fine, but the bathroom was dreadful. The tub's finish was falling off and running down the drain. The tub was also dirty and the bathroom had hair in it from the previous guests.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2009

This is an old motel (perhaps an original Holiday Inn?) that desperately needs A LOT of TLC -- or perhaps to be bulldozed. The exterior components of the buildings seem to be slowly rotting away.

That said, once you get in your room (not always easy -- my door stuck hard to the frame), you will be pleasantly surprised. Probably because by that time you're not expecting much! But my king bed room was tastefully furnished (for a Quality Inn), the bed was firm with newish looking linens, the carpet was clean and the maids had done a good job cleaning up. Sure, the bathroom was old and small, but reasonable.

The check in staff was courteous and friendly (the desk clerk even wore a jacket and tie!), and the free continental breakfast was surprisingly good. It even included bacon and eggs (OK, not the best of either, but edible and the price was right).

So what seems to be going on here is that someone has bought an old motel and is TRYING to run it as best they can (without sinking a ton of money into renovating the property). I give them kudos for it. And if you can get a cheap rate here (you should be able to), or it's the only place available on a busy fall weekend, you can stay here with confidence that it won't be a bad experience.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Older motel, but the rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, and a good dog walking area. It seemed that half the guests had dogs. It's not plush, but it is a good value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2009

I stayed here just one night and was VERY impressed.. When I walked in the room it literally sparkled, kudos to "Dilly" the maid for that--good job!! Everyone I dealt with was courteous/helpful when I had questions about restaurants/stores etc.---No it doesn't have a restaurant on site--no it's not next to a gas station and yes I guess you could say it's "remote"---Remote IMO usually translates into "quiet" and that it was !! It's located next to I-81--I'm guessing I drove 4-5 miles to food/gas, so for me no problems there. I don't usually write reviews ,but after reading some of the negative reviews I felt I owed it to this particular Quality Inn to say--"GOOD JOB GUYS"---I'll be back next year !!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo