“Two nights at Staunton VA Red Roof Inn”

Red Roof Inn Staunton
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Lexington, Kentucky
“Two nights at Staunton VA Red Roof Inn”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My daughter, my dog, and I spent two nights, both going to and returning from Washington, DC, at the Staunton Red Roof, this past week. I got to know Ramish (Sic?) the manager, and several of the guest who stayed there. The staff was courtous, the food great, the rooms clean and spacious, and the service excellent. I intend to stay here often on my trips east.

Room Tip: We like bottom floor since travel with dog.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank James r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My expectations were not too high for this reasonably priced hotel and the room we had was fair, clean, though the security chain was broken. The reason I will never return is that I witnessed a disturbing event at the front desk upon checking in. A gentlemen of color walked in and asked if he could get a room and was told that nothing was available for the night. After he left, less than 3 minutes later, another man came in (caucasian), and asked if he could get a room and was told it would not be a problem. Hmmmmm???? Make your own conclusions, but it was fairly obvious to me that discrimination is alive and well at this hotel. My only hope is that the corporate folks at Red Roof Inn will see this and dig into the matter.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
redroof706, Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thanks for your feedback about our hotel and also thank you for letting us know your concerns. I am very happy that you enjoyed your room and your stay. I want to assure you that at our hotel we treat everyone as equals. I am sorry that it appeared differently in this case. We are a minority owned hotel and are happy to serve everyone equally. If you would like to discuss this issue more please feel free to call the hotel and speak with us about it.

Regards,
Cupertino, California
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is a 2 star, maybe a 3 star property that rises to 4 stars by sheer dint of effort.

The room was immaculate. Seriously, I have stayed in any number of places, quite a few of them much more expensive than this Red Roof Inn, and never seen anything cleaner.

The furniture was better than I expected, the room had a 'fridge and a microwave, and breakfast was exceptional. What sold me was not the biscuits and gravy, but the cinnamon and raisins for the oatmeal.

Any place could be improved, and I wish this one had better TV reception and a faster internet connection. So it doesn't quite rate 5 stars.

One word of warning: if you are traveling with a pet, call the motel directly and let them know your travel plans. Although Red Roof Inn is pet friendly, this place is quite popular, and they will be better to accommodate you if you give them friendly 'heads-up'

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spike_Spiegel_47
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
we are working on for better TV reception and a faster internet connection. Wright now we don't have cable service available but cable company bring service some time soon. please accept my sincerest apologies.

Thanks, Regards,
Longueuil, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Checked in on Wed October 9th and front desk staff was very pleasant. We we're put in a room in the back far end of the motel. Went in unpacked and looked around. The air conditioning unit and floor was full of leaves. The bath tub and bath mat were full of leaves. The furniture was thick with dust. Then we saw the Stink Bugs on the ceiling, walls, bed etc. the icing on the cake: a mouse ran across the room from behind the fridge. We quickly packed went to front desk and asked for a refund. The attendant was very apologetic and re credited my account and at my request cancelled led the reservation for our return through the area. I have never been in a place so disgusting and have stayed in other Red Roof Inns that were very clean. This one should be closed down.......AVOID this place unless you want to sleep with bugs and vermin !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Staunton Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

I am very sorry you had to encounter the issue with Stink Bugs. They are at epidemic proportion in PA- MD-RI-DE-and Va. It is not only an issue in the hotels but in all of our homes and other businesses There really is no way of controlling them as we have tried. As soon as the weather cools they are gone

Jeannette, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed there on 9/30/2013 for one night. Very dated hotel. The room was clean. The bathroom is really dated -- tile floor, no counter space, small bathroom. The staff was very nice, especially at check in. Breakfast was typical continental breakfast -- bagels, toast, cereal, juice, coffee, etc.
If you are looking for a stop, it is OK. I always look for the clean places. It was easy to find, but I think I'll look for something else if I'm ever in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Good for a quick stop but I'd try to reserve somewhere else for more than one night.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 10 October 2013

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Ramila Desai.
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I've struggled for the right word to express my experience of this hotel. In short, I would say "cheap". By that, I mean the property takes the cheap way to do everything. Examples: the flat screen TV might as well have had bunny ears as the viewing was horrible; no electrical plug in at the desk (in todays world who doesn't travel with electrical devices?); in the shower there is no grab bar (it is outside of the shower where it does no good); even the breakfast area shout "cheap" (serving bisquits and gravy on 5" plastic plates? Do they do that so you won't take so much?). Finally, I would just say this is a basic, clean property. If you are o.k. with that good. Don't look for amenities.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 5 October 2013

Wytheville, Virginia
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed at The Red Roof Inn at Staunton, VA last weekend and was amazed at the friendly, courteous and very helpful assistance of the managers. They helped with printing documents I needed to perform a wedding and responded kindly to repeated request to print pages- even delivered them to my room. Well stocked and clean snack room and the kind of service that used to be commonplace but is now, sadly, rare.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thanks for your feedback about our hotel. It is very nice to hear from guest has a good experience as it should be.I am very happy you enjoyed breakfast. Thanks for your kind word about front desk staff. we appreciate your kind word and time,
Thanks,