“Wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Staunton

Red Roof Inn Staunton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Dallas, Texas
“Wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

If it were not for the TripAdviser reviews I would not have stopped here. My wife and I normally stay in Holiday Inn's & Comfort Suites but after reading the reviews we had too try it.

Things we liked

1. it is very accessible to I-81
2. It has been recently renovated and remodeled.
3. It is very clean
4. Numerous outlets for making it easy to plug in computers etc.
5. New HDTV and service with a TV guide accessible on screen. (Probably best tv reception in the valley).
6. Friendly and helpful staff. Thanks Diana.
7. Microwave, refrig. and coffee maker in room.
8. Breakfast doesn't compare to HI's or Comfort Inns but then neither does their price. It is wholesome and will get you started in the morning.
9. Convenient to restaurants and shopping.
10. Comfortable bed.
11. Price is right.

I would have no qualms of staying here again or recommending it to others.

Happy traveling.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thanks for staying with us and for writing a review online for others to read. I am so happy to hear you like the renovations and find us to be clean, cozy and convenient. Thanks for the kind words about Diana, I will be sure she reads this too! I . I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Regards,
Ramila Desai
Sales Manager
i0706@redroof.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I start all my reviews by saying I have no choice where I stay, my company makes the decision.

The folks at the front desk were pretty friendly. The only room which was available was a handicap room which I accepted.
It had hardwood floors which I like, I hate filthy carpet. The room looked very trendy and modern. The tv had about 4 million channels to choose from. There is good access to the interstate and there are some pretty decent restaurants in the immediate area.

The breakfast was pretty standard, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, hot/cold cereal, bread, muffins, pastry, coffee, milk, and juice.

Overall, I would have to say I had an enjoyable stay at the Wed Woof Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thanks for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Staunton VA. The staff takes great pride in what they do and we appreciate you noticing. I am glad you also like our new flooring and TV lineup. Regards: Ramila
Pittston, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on my way to Tennessee March 14, 2014 with my niece. Since I used a discount, my rate was only $55 and I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were big and very clean. The beds very, very comfortable. And the shower had the best water pressure of any hotel I've stayed in. The area was very nice so I was never worried about our safety. I will definitely stay here on my trips again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stay on a regular basis and enjoy the friendliness of the owners. They go out of their way to accommodate me at all possible. There is no elevator and I have requested a first floor and most of the time get satisfied.
They have remodeled a pool and added hot tub and workout area to open soon. The rooms are very clean with new updated fixtures, the water pressure is soothing and have new flat screen tv's with HDTV cable service.
This is a must stay place when traveling thru Virginia.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BruceAmor
Brewster, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

While traveling cross country with my fiancée and our dogs, we wound up staying overnight at the Red Roof Inn in Staunton, Virginia. It was the nicest and cleanest Red Roof I have experienced. The rooms were spacious and had all the amenities usually found at much more expensive hotels, i.e. in room coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, and hair dryer. The breakfast buffet was nice with a broad selection of items, and the owner and staff were very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for anyone traveling with their pets, since there was no additional fee for our dogs and the rooms and grounds were so clean, spacious and well kept.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been recently renovated. We preferred a room in the back on the first floor sinc...