“nice greetings and friendly staff!”

Red Roof Inn Staunton
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Hopewell, Virginia
“nice greetings and friendly staff!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

stayed here overnight while going to nearby massanutten waterpark and american shakespeare company w/ wife and 2 kids.

PROS>
very friendly check in / fast
clean rooms
nice pool area, water warm (pool 3-4' deep)
sauna big enough for 3-4... uses timer, so warm up 30 minutes prior to planned use
fitness room big enough to stretch and do a insanity style workout in w/ mirrors
good breakfast (except no eggs or many protein sources)
very helpful housekeeping and clean rooms
parking right at door
1 restaurant w/ in walking distance (buffet/ American style food)
close to highway exit
big shower head, good pressure and temp

CONS>
very few towels in room, small towels at that
no hot tub (I knew this going in) but figured I would gripe;-)

The thing that stands out in my mind about this hotel is the staff, VERY friendly gal on check in, super fast. Bobby personally delivered towels down to the pool for us and gave my son a glass of milk after breakfast was closed (just because he worked out)...Bobby was very nice to us and went above and beyond.

thx!

Room Tip: first floor so you are by your car.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
redroof706, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thanks for visiting us at the Red Roof Inn Staunton, VA. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and thanks for sharing your comments for other travelers. It is nice to know you will visit us again when you return to the area. If I can assist with future reservations, please contact me at 540-885-3117 or redroof706@gmail.com. Thanks Again Hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
SMITHFIELD
Reviewed 13 April 2014

You can get a good night sleep. Go swimming, work out or just relax. Host are very nice. I stay every time i am in area.this hotel is best value and there is your choice of good places to eat.The area has a lot of things to enjoy ay your leasure.

Room Tip: I like bottom floor. Any floor you chose will be good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
redroof706, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I'm glad that you enjoyed your last stay with us and that we are your hotel of choice while you are visiting Staunton. We enjoy having you and look forward to your next stay with us.

Guest Relations Manager,

Hunter Cullen
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2014

A bargain hotel in Staunton, a good stopover on a long drive south. Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed, good wifi, and a huge number of channels on a nice flat screen 40" TV. Will return.

Breakfast was marginal.

Room Tip: Liked the convenience of parking right outside the room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Stanwich, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

All of the positive reviews are true. Clean, very inexpensive $74/night. Convenient. DirectTV, wifi, refrigerator, microwave, a very modest breakfast (OJ, coffee, tea, toast, cereal). There is great food to be had in town, a short drive away.

Negatives? The room walls are thin and you can hear people in other rooms. Didn't bother me at all.

Room Tip: There are some excellent restaurants in town.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thanks for your feedback about our hotel. It is very nice to hear from guest has a good experience as it should be.I am glad that you like new room, Thanks for your kind word about front desk staff and breakfast .

Sorry that you hear people from other room.we appreciate your kind word and time, We hope you see you again during your future travels.

Thanks,
Regards,
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Clean, fresh, and a comfortable bed. Friendly, pleasant staff. Good location right off of 81 in Staunton, Virginia. Continental breakfast included. Plenty of restaurants in the area. I will return. Tell all your friends. :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel and hotel and staff. We always strive to make our guest happy ,i am glad that you like indoor pool.The staff and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience, We hope you come stay with us again .

Thanks, Regards,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

If it were not for the TripAdviser reviews I would not have stopped here. My wife and I normally stay in Holiday Inn's & Comfort Suites but after reading the reviews we had too try it.

Things we liked

1. it is very accessible to I-81
2. It has been recently renovated and remodeled.
3. It is very clean
4. Numerous outlets for making it easy to plug in computers etc.
5. New HDTV and service with a TV guide accessible on screen. (Probably best tv reception in the valley).
6. Friendly and helpful staff. Thanks Diana.
7. Microwave, refrig. and coffee maker in room.
8. Breakfast doesn't compare to HI's or Comfort Inns but then neither does their price. It is wholesome and will get you started in the morning.
9. Convenient to restaurants and shopping.
10. Comfortable bed.
11. Price is right.

I would have no qualms of staying here again or recommending it to others.

Happy traveling.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thanks for staying with us and for writing a review online for others to read. I am so happy to hear you like the renovations and find us to be clean, cozy and convenient. Thanks for the kind words about Diana, I will be sure she reads this too! I . I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Regards,
Sales Manager
i0706@redroof.com
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I start all my reviews by saying I have no choice where I stay, my company makes the decision.

The folks at the front desk were pretty friendly. The only room which was available was a handicap room which I accepted.
It had hardwood floors which I like, I hate filthy carpet. The room looked very trendy and modern. The tv had about 4 million channels to choose from. There is good access to the interstate and there are some pretty decent restaurants in the immediate area.

The breakfast was pretty standard, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, hot/cold cereal, bread, muffins, pastry, coffee, milk, and juice.

Overall, I would have to say I had an enjoyable stay at the Wed Woof Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thanks for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Staunton VA. The staff takes great pride in what they do and we appreciate you noticing. I am glad you also like our new flooring and TV lineup. Regards: Ramila