“OK for a night - pets OK”

Red Roof Inn Staunton
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was traveling with my cat - this hotel accepts pets with no added fee. The room was small but fine. No carpet on the floor but it seemed in fairly good condition (there was a hole in the wall from the room door handle but that was the only major defect). The AC was tough to manage as there is no temperature control but for the price, it was fine.

Breakfast was mediocre but OK - it was enough to get started.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
redroof706, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here with us at Red Roof Inn in Staunton. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning unit in your room. We enjoyed having you and look forward to your return in the future!

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Staunton

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were passing through Staunton with pets on the journey. So after looking in vain for a hotel anywhere near there that did not charge a $100 pet cleaning fee, we booked the Red Roof Inn which has no pet fee.
This hotel/motel is not new, but I thought it was well maintained. They do have an indoor pool and a nice breakfast. The lady who checked us in was very nice and the manager who was there in the morning was nice as well. The rooms and lobby were clean. The towels were clean and plush. The linens were new and clean. The floors were a little yucky in the rooms, but I kind of expect that from hotels that take pets (and don't charge a fee). There was no pet odor at all though!
I would stay here again if I was traveling with pets.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our property and staff. All of the rooms have been recently renovated and are in very good condition. We take pride in keeping our rooms spic-and-span so the condition of your floor is not acceptable and I do apologize for that. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this clean facility on the way to a family reunion. My sister and I had been driving for ten hours and were almost at our destination. However, we were extremely tired and it was very late. We stopped at a few hotels before the Red Roof Inn. It was Saturday night and many of them were booked or they wanted $200 for a night's stay. One night clerk wanted to negotiate a price! My sister and I are both in our 60's. I thought he was being very unprofessional. Finally, we stopped at the Red Roof Inn and met the sweetest night clerk named Dee. She took care of us immediately. We got a nice, clean room that had a fantastic air conditioner! We both have hot flashes at night and this air conditioner cooled the room off in no time! The water pressure in the shower was great! We liked this place so much, that we stayed there on our return trip home!

Room Tip: If you stop there at night, ask if Dee is working. She will accommodate you in a friendly way. There...
1  Thank Cheryl C

Thank you for such a great review! I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Dee could accommodate you. All of our employees strive to make sure each guest has a great experience, so it's always nice to get positive feedback about our staff. I'm also happy to see that you decided to stay with us on your trip back home. We'll be looking forward to seeing you on your next trip through historic Staunton.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The area surrounding this hotel and is quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed our one night stay. I was a little nervous at first since it is motel style on the outside with outside entry but it was nice and clean inside and newly renovated. We had everything we needed and even enjoyed the indoor pool for a few hours. The front desk lady was super friendly and helpful at all times. We would stay here again, especially for the price!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling through Staunton this summer. I'm pleased to see that you were satisfied with our courteous staff and clean renovated rooms. We look forward to providing you with the same hospitable service on your next trip through the Shenandoah Valley.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here just for one night while passing through on Rt. 81. The hotel is located right off the highway and the price was very reasonable. The room was clean, comfortable, and fairly new. It did have a slight smell of cigarettes that you get in most hotels like this, but it wasn't horrible.

There were more outlets in this room, especially right next to the bed, than I have ever seen in a hotel! It was so nice not to have to crawl around on the floor looking for a place to plug in my phone.

We had a good night's sleep; no issues. There is a basic but free breakfast in the morning as well. I thought this was a great hotel for it's price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OutdoorsFamily
redroof706, Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

I appreciate your comments. We do strive to offer the best accommodations to our guests, It seems we suceeded with your stay. I see you are from VA so when you head for the mountains please keep us in mind. Should you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me. 540-885-3117 redroof706@Gmail.com

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed one night while passing through on route 81. Arriving after 9:00 pm and leaving by 8:00 am, I did not want anything to expensive, this Red Roof Inn was just right. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet; I got a good night sleep. There was a micro wave and fridge in the room. Internet access was included, although rather slow. Everything was well maintained and in working order. There were no stains, broken tiles or ripped linen. The ice machine worked very well. All those little annoyances that are often found at budget motels were not present here. Breakfast was included and it was well stocked and fresh, although a very limited selection. The breakfast area was clean and comfortable. This Red Roof is very convenient to route 81.

This is budget lodging, so it is lacking some of the amenities of some of the more expensive chains. The toiletries are limited; the towels not as plush, the rooms are smaller, the breakfast more limited. However, compared to other budget lodging, I would rank this highly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm happy to see that we were able to accommodate you and meet your expectations. We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was our first stay at a Red Roof Inn. We were very impressed with the staff and accommodations. We received a professional, courteous and friendly welcome. Our room was very clean and very comfortable. GOt a good nights sleep. Night staff even called our room to make sure we were satisfied with our room. The decor was very attractive. (The Hometown Grillle is within walking distance and we had a nice dinner at a reasonable price there). Standard motel breakfast. Rates were reasonable. We look forward to returning to Red Roof Inn, Staunton, VA!

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor across from the office, but was still very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel and staff. I'm happy to see that our accommodations exceeded your expectations in your first stay at a Red Roof Inn. We hope to see you on your next trip to Virginia!