“Just great!”
Review of Olde Staunton Inn

Olde Staunton Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Staunton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had a great time at the "Olde Staunton Inn"!
It's an incredibly beautiful house with a super friendly and helpful owner. David had great recommendations, helped me with everything and prepared delicious breakfast.
The room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable.
I really miss the time at the "Olde Staunton Inn" and hope I can return soon!
Best wishes from Germany, Jonathan

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JoniOdin

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I just left The Olde Staunton Inn today. We had a lovely time! David is a great host. He'll help you find anything you're looking for in town or in the surrounding areas. The house is perfect. We had the second floor and shared the bathroom with our friend who rented a room there as well. The rooms on the third floor have their own bathrooms. The floors and walls were so solid that I couldn't hear anyone walking above us even though I know there were guests using those rooms (I couldn't hear the bathroom that was on the other side of the wall from our room either). The breakfast is served at one (unique custom made) table and we had a lovely time conversing with the other guests as we ate. There were 7 of us at breakfast and we all had plenty of room at the table. David is a very good cook and served us quiche and fresh from the oven homemade orange and cranberry scones. I couldn't stop eating them! He also had the table loaded with fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, juice and bread. After a day of antique shopping we sat out on the very large front porch in soft comfy chairs and had a good relaxing afternoon with our friend. David was very good at not being intrusive but offering help when needed. The main street, and other interesting places were a very short walk down the street. We parked our cars and didn't use them until we left town. We plan to return someday soon. Thanks for the very enjoyable weekend David!

Room Tip: 2nd floor has two rooms that share a bathroom . The other rooms are on the third floor and have the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Judy F
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband I and I visited Staunton on our way up to Harpers Ferry. This was an excellent choice. The house is great and the owner David is very hospitable and knowledgable about the area. Our breakfast was great as well! We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stacey g
Reviewed 23 March 2014

An absolutely beautiful house with amazing woodwork. David is very nice and extremely helpful with his knowledge of the town. The breakfasts were totally delicious! The Inn is just outside of the bustle of town, but just just a short walk down a few blocks and you are in the heart of a beautiful historic town! I highly recommend the Olde Staunton Inn! I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I just spent two nights at the Inn while in town on business. We loved how quiet a location this is - very conducive to sleeping well! Comfortable bed, great homemade breakfast (we were thankful for the stairs up to our room to help burn off some calories!) every morning, and David, the Innkeeper was very helpful for things to do and restaurants to go to. We'd highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 25Lynn
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were only in town for the night and the Inn worked out great. We were in the king room on the 3rd floor, which was a bit of a hassle for dragging bags up narrow stairs. The bed was fairly comfortable and I enjoyed the claw-foot tub in the bathroom. There was a bit of a musty smell to the room and it one point it began to smell like sauerkraut(maybe someone was cooking? I don't know). Overall, however, we had a great experience. The host is kind and helpful and was happy to make some suggestions for activities in Staunton. The breakfast was delicious with multiple options for all kinds of breakfast eaters.

Room Tip: King room is on the top level...lots of stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kknelson27
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Pros - a little out of town, about a 5 minute walk, which was enjoyable to see the homes along the way. Nice big room, comfortable king bed. Wi-fi. Overhead fan. Wide chair for two w/ottoman. Great reading lamp near the chair (always one of my pet peeves if reading light is not good). Modern bathroom w/jacuzzi tub, lots of hat water, nice towels Great breakfasts different entree and homebaked goodies each day - scrambled eggs and sausage patties with homemade raisin bran muffins the first morning, turkey & broccoli quiche and banana bread the second and spinach & mushroom quiche and cranberry scones the third. Also frest fruit, applesauce, yogurt, juice and coffee.
Cons - No information about where bedrooms were located on website and we wanted a king bed so were on the third floor - two sets of long steps from the side walk to the front porch and then three sets to the bedroom (one very narrow). Hard to navigate - anyone with mobility problems will not be able to get to the front door. Musty downstairs in parlor and run down outside - porch needed painting. No individual room control for A/C. Tiny soaps and wrapped thin plastic glasses like the Holiday Inn. I usually look forward to the great toilet products when we stay in a B&B. Uneven shower pressure.

Room Tip: All rooms require climbing at least two sets of stairs as well as the two sets up to the porch.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple