“If you are a tea lover, this place is for you!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Darjeeling Cafe - CLOSED

The Darjeeling Cafe
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Christiansburg, Virginia
“If you are a tea lover, this place is for you!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Exhaustive selection of teas in pleasant, comfortable surroundings that encourage you to linger. Only had lunch here, which was good. Service was good but slow, so if you want fast food you will need to look elsewhere. Overall, recommended!

Staunton, Virginia
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

It is really interesting inside, but the portions are small and over-priced. A pot of tea was over $6.00, which I thought was rather high. They did have a large beer and wine menu, and it looks like they might have an open mike night. We just ate lunch there and weren't too impressed.

Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“A gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Great atmosphere. Nice people and good service. We had good hand food as well, and my friends enjoyed all the wine and drink options (I don't happen to enjoy alcohol). And they have live music often.

Visited June 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1,088 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,501 helpful votes
“Japanese tea”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

The owner is a nice guy with some stories to tell.
This place is cool, it has a interesting decor and comfortable sofas.
We had a Japanese tea suggested by the owner. It was served in traditional Japanese tea set.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank HelenaGuerra
Lexington, Virginia
“Food was lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

The service here was great and the location is cute and funky. Really liked the tea. I wasn't impressed by their wine list, but the beer list was fun and seemed to suit the location. Wine list was kind of schizophrenic. I mostly wanted to come here after reading an article in the Hook about the chef. As a vegetarian it can be hard to find places with a lot of things I can eat, so I figured we'd give Darjeeling a try. The food was overall very unimpressive. I'm not vegan but wound up ordering all vegan food. Hummus was good, veggie burger was boring and kind of dry, chili was totally bland. I can make a better veggie burger and chili at home. It felt like they were catering to the fact that people don't have high expectations for vegan food rather than raising expectations for vegan food. I wouldn't go back to eat, maybe to have a beer, but I'm giving them an average review b.c. the server really was great.

• Visited May 2012