“Yummy food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Darjeeling Cafe - CLOSED

The Darjeeling Cafe
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Durham, North Carolina
“Yummy food and good service”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

As a vegetarian traveling through the area, we searched for a veggie-friendly place to eat lunch. This place did not disappoint. The food was really good and the fresh squeezed lemonade was perfect. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. I liked the decorations on the inside which were very eclectic. The only thing that bothered me about the experience was that I felt the sandwich I ordered was a little on the small side considering the price. However, this place was great overall.

• Visited May 2012

Roseburg, Oregon, United States
“The VERY BEST Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant in the Staunton Area”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

This is my FAVORITE restaurant in Staunton. The food is wonderful, the tea is awesome, and so much of it is vegan! Try the thumbprint cookies, assuming they haven't run out because they are so delicious.

I had my wedding here in August, and it was not only lovely and perfect and so very tasty, but also completely vegan and reasonably priced. The owners gave us exclusive access to the restaurant for three hours on a Saturday afternoon, helped us order beer and wine, and catered the entire thing. In addition to being vegan, I have a rare stomach condition that makes my diet VERY limited. The owners worked with me to create a menu that I could eat but was still fancy and exciting. Lots of meat eaters came, ate, and went away happy!

(For meat eaters, my father tells me that their salmon is fantastic.)

The decor is adorable (they have an elephant!) and the place is cozy and friendly. Sometimes they have cool bands! The owners are super friendly and will remember you the next time you come it. Really, it's an awesome restaurant, and you need to check it out.

• Visited August 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Vegetarian friendly”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

But will keep meat eaters happy as well. Fine service and food was delicious. I am a vegetarian but sometimes find the meals not quite hearty enough. These meals were very satisfying.

Visited October 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
“Lovely for dinner but had amazing success as a wedding venue!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My vegan son introduced us to Darjeeling and although there were many options for him and his vegetarian fiancee, my husband & I most enjoy a perfectly cooked salmon, with freshest vegetables. To me the quality of the food and freshness of preparation is good value for my money. We had planned to use the Darjeeling as caterers for my son's upcoming wedding, but it evolved that we could also have the wedding itself at the Cafe. Mary was extraordinary as our wedding planner. She was there holding the energy for all the details - an all-vegan menu, wine & specialty beers set-up, arrangements, music etc. She was generous with her time and effort. The wonderful eclectic decor of Darjeeling was a perfect setting for our unique, 50 person, somewhat Renaissance-Fair-like wedding. Everything was lovely and went smoothly and all on a budget as well. Mary even found a non-alcoholic Meade recipe for a wedding toast. A lovely place run with care and thoughtfulness.

• Visited August 2012
Jackson Heights, New York
“a veggie/ tea/ and wine oasis :)”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We were visiting from NYC and so happy to find this oasis for vegetarians and vegans. Lunch was great as was the service! Kelsey was so knowledgeable about the many teas and also gave us some great info about the area. Definitely a must when visiting Staunton :)

• Visited July 2012