“I'm a frequent flyer here...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 127 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Staunton, Virginia
“I'm a frequent flyer here...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

First let me say... I don't do buffets, so can't speak to theirs. Also, I do not eat meat... so my comments will not include dishes that have meat in them. We always have been greeted very friendly upon entering... and received chips and salsa immediately when seated. Chips are crispy and fresh...salsa good but a bit spicy. I have had a vegetarian combo plate that was very good... refried beans, mexican rice and cheese burritos (wonderful that the salsa is there to add to the dish too). I love the Poblano lunch plate!!
Prices are reasonable for the quality and amount of food served. The staff is always around for drink refils... more chips, or any other requests.... they are extremely attentive.
We eat here at least once a month... best Mexican around!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Local Mexican ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Went there on a business lunch, food was hot and authentic. 13.00 for 2 people . Very reasonable . Chips and salsa to start the meal were very good. Will be back.

“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is probably the restaurant we frequent the most in Staunton. They have changed management about a year ago and I think the establishment has gotten better. The menu has changed but you can still order items that are not on the new menu. The good has also gotten better!! The service is always spot on. I have never had a bad experience here!!

• Visited March 2014
Raphine, Virginia
“No menu, no flavor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

As first-time visitors we were led to a table and the comment was, "You're here for the buffet, right?" For all we knew, there was no other choice. The enchiladas on the buffet were tough and the beef wasn't flavored and dry. the salad was average, but we didn't know the cost until the bill came--$20 for two. We won't be back there.

Visited February 2014
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Good margaritas, icy cold beer, delicious food...what else would you want in a Mexican restaurant found in Staunton, VA? There were 4 adults in our party that each ordered different menu items. We all liked our entrees. Salsa is a bit too tomato-y for my liking, and the cheese dip was just like any other Mex restaurant I've been to...Nothing special. I've been to many Mex restaurants in my life and this would be one of my top 5 so far. Overall, I would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013