“Deluxe Cabin Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Staunton
Staunton / Walnut Hills KOA
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We wanted to stay in the camp ground tent area but a bad rain storm was coming through. we asked if they had a cabin and they told us they had a deluxe cabin. This was a great cabin, shower, linen already there and on bed. It was like staying in a hotel room. It was great. These deluxe cabins are nice. there was also a TV, Small kitchen with all the utensils. We went to the store and made pasta. Staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Quiet place
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike301

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This campground is very pretty we stayed in the RV pull through area and the view was fabulous. The staff was helpful, one note make sure you dump your trash right away in the morning, I got yelled at for dumping my trash later in the morning next to the office. Hook ups were nice, not a lot of water pressure though.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Gina S
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My fiancé and I wanted a weekend get away. I paid for two nights and this morning we are leaving! We were about to leave as soon as we got here but our friend showed up! Anyways I asked them to relocate us they wouldn't! This isn't like a usual koa it's horrible! The fishing sucks! And this place is extremely per priced at this point I would have rather slept in my car last night rather then sleep in this stink bug and roach infested cabin they have us in! The fridge had mold and hair on it and the windows don't close at all! The door kept opening all night! And the mattress is hard as rock! I will never come to another koa if it's anything like this! Ill be so glad to leave this place! It's horrible! I haven't ever written a review on any place at all, but this place is seriously the worst!

• Stayed: April 2013
7  Thank Dess1119
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at this KOA on our way to New England on vacation. We stayed in one of the Kamping Kabins, which is pretty much the most basic accommodation you can stay in, but was very adequate for our needs after a long day of driving. I have stayed in many KOAs in the past while on vacation in an RV, and this one would be very good for spending the night in an RV, as it is very quiet, wooded, and has full hookups with pull-through sites available. Although the campground is a little bit off I-85, I would definitely recommend this campground to folks towing a travel trailer or looking for a quick one night stay in a Kamping Kabin.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GooseMSU07
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We went with our family and rented 2 cabins for 3 nights...it was a perfect get-away!! We loved the pool and all of the grassy area for the kids to play. The playground was fun; kids were obsessed with the neat wooden train and the tall-ish slide. Karaoke on Sat night was ...entertaining...haha. We opted to rent a golf caft which was a little pricey @ $90 for the weekend but well worth it. Cabins were about what we expected; small, simple and really all we needed for a short trip. Nearby is the American Frontier Museum, which is worth checking out and a nice park with great trails a short drive away. We will most definitely be back!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 26 June 2012

On our way from western North Carolina to the northeast, we spent one night in a motorhome with slideouts at the Staunton, VA KOA.

The pros are: (1) we had a large site with plenty of width for our slideouts and length for the toad; (2) despite the curving roads and hills in the park, our pull through site was level and easy in/easy out; (3) the park itself is heavily wooded and and quite pretty and (4) the campground is only a few miles off Interstate I-81. If you are lucky enough to get a hilltop site like we had, the mountain views are lovely. I can't comment on the amenities (pool, etc.) because we only spent one night and didn't have time to use them, but everything looked well-maintained. It also looked like there were a number of activities scheduled within the park to entertain kids and adults.

The cons are: (1) The drive from I-81 to the campground is only a few miles, but the roads are a bit narrow with some tight curves. I wouldn't want to make the drive in a large RV after dark. (2) Some of the roads within the park itself are a bit curvy with a couple of short, but fairly steep inclines. In a large RV, it wasn't really a problem, but it did make driving through the park "interesting." (3) When we checked in, the staffer on the registration desk was friendly, but was on the phone and seemed distracted by an issue another camper in the park was having and it took her quite a while to get us registered. She also drove the golf cart and we had to wait about 10 minutes for her to guide us to our site.

Overall, this KOA was a pretty campground and, if we were in the area, we would probably stay there again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmpvb
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Staff were friendly. Pond had fish and ducks. There was a nice fire pit. It was open and dark, perfect to look at the stars! Far enough from highway that it was quiet but easy for a quick 1 night stay while traveling. Thanks so much!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple