“Excellent little tasting room”

Ox-Eye Vineyards Tasting Room
Ranked #1 of 4 Nightlife in Staunton
Staunton, Virginia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Excellent little tasting room”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stopped by for a tasting recently and were pleased with both the selection as well as the knowledge of the owners. We absolutely love the "Shy Ox" blush.
Go, you won't be dissapointed.

Visited July 2013

Williamsburg, Virginia
396 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 406 helpful votes
“Beautiful Location, Bright spaces, excellent wines”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Virginia wines are doing well. From the poor Cab Franc from years ago, the reds are credible and the whites hold their own against CA and NY wines. Like so many small wineries, Ox-Eye has a very small vineyard, but in their tasting room in the downtown area of Staunton (very near the glass works and railway station), they share some of their hard work. The owners are hands-on, we met the wife serving wine in the tasting room. The room in this old warehouse building is bright and cheerful, pleasantly decorated. There is plenty of parking.
Wine tasting is SO subjective that I won't use this review to put my preferences forward, but we did buy wine, which is unusual for us in a small winery. We are red wine drinkers, but actually enjoyed their dry Reisling a great deal.
This is a wonderful diversion in this historic town. The only drawback is that they do not ship their wines, yet.

Visited October 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were referred to this place by an acquaintance and we are forever grateful! The woman working there was so friendly and helpful. She even told us about the other wine shops in Staunton. We tasted some of the wines, and ended up buying a case of our favorite. You can sit on the first floor in big leather chairs, sit upstairs, or sit outside. We had beautiful weather so we sat outside and enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine. Nice atmosphere!

Visited October 2013
Staunton, VA
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Fantastic experiences”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I first visited Ox-Eye on Small Business Saturday. They had a harpist playing in the main room that added a lovely touch to our shopping experience.
I later attended a bachelorette party in the upstairs events room. It was quite lovely! The bridal party provided the finger food and purchased the wine from Ox-Eye. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and found the staff to be quite helpful and friendly.
I enjoyed it so much that I decided to give myself a wine-tasting party here for my 45th birthday. Again, the staff was very knowledgeable and outgoing. My girlfriends and I did a wine tasting in the main room and then purchased glasses of wine and snacks which we enjoyed on their covered patio. Despite the fact it was pouring, we had a lovely time and ended up staying for 3 hours! My favorite wine is their Ox-Eye (white wine blend).

Visited August 2013
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great stop”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Great tasting in a really cool building. Enjoyed talking with the winemaker who as very approachable and quite nice. Solid wines and generous pours for he tasting compared to other Shenandoah vineyards.

Visited August 2013