“Big menu, big serving, big time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mill Street Grill
Ranked #3 of 127 Restaurants in Staunton
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Fusion, Gastropub, American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Mill Street Grill is a medium-priced, full-service restaurant located in the Shenandoah Valley. Already an established name, Mill Street Grill is also a name synonymous with quality. At Mill Street Grill everything is made fresh daily and based on our own original recipes. We feature homemade soups, sauces and dressings made from the finest ingredients, with hand cut steaks, fresh seafood, garden salads and the best barbeque ribs in the Valley.Full Gluten free menu avaliable as well as Vegeterian items. We balance good quality food with fast, fun, efficient service. All served in the cozy confines of a turn of the century flour mill. Customers always get their money's worth at Mill Street Grill. From our opening 1992, our goal has been to be the most consistent restaurant in the area, and our large numbers of regular customers prove that we have succeeded. No one is a stranger at Mill Street Grill, because we treat our customers better than family.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Big menu, big serving, big time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Whenever I'm in Staunton, I eat at what the locals call the Mill. It is always crowded here. And I've gone over a dozen times over the years. Wide variety of items to choose from. I recommend the fried green tomatoes. I also like the cajun shrimp. When you come, pony up to the bar. There will be a wait, but it will be worth and this place has a cozy bar. Big pours. Good stuff. Something for everyone. The peppermint ice cream at the end is so good.

New York City, New York
“Our favorite restaurant in Staunton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stopped in Staunton on both ends of our trip to Isle of Palms, South Carolina. We love the Mill Street Grill for its down home Southern cooking. The ribs are succulent. The fish dishes are great. The appetizers are excellent. The service is first rate.

1 Thank Paulreidny
Winchester, Virginia
“Excellent Place to Eat!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

There were six of us for dinner at The Mill Street Grill in Staunton on May 30, 2014. It was very busy but our wait was barely long enough to finish a drink at the bar. Our server was wonderful! She was warm and friendly but not overly solicitous. The menu is diverse and there is something for everyone. You cannot go wrong with their prime rib according to people I was with who ordered it. I had the Mediterranean Mahi Mahi. I encourage you to order that!!! I have eaten at Mill Street 3 different times and I have never had a bad meal or bad service. You will make the right choice in picking Mill Street to dine.

1 Thank JenLynneG
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Excellent meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a meal here two out of the three nights of our stay as it was that good. Staunton seemed pretty quiet, everything shuts at 10pm! The restaurant was pretty busy, but we got seated ok in a booth and were given a big chuck of warm bread to start with. I wasn't too hungry so ordered the chicken and salad which was huge, I took some away with me. My husband had the shrimp kebabs which were really delicious. This was rounded off by a small portion of peppermint icecream which was a nice touch. Our second visit here, I had the half rack of ribs and jacket potato and they fell off the bone. My husband had the steak, which he said was great also. There was a jazz trio on which was a bit too loud for our tastes, and wasn't conducive to a relaxing meal.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pinchy
Elizabeth, wv
“Grand slam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Good food (the ribs were excellent), good service (even though the restaurant was crowded we had a wonderful server and a short wait), Nice atmosphere (casual, historical, quirky building), and all at a reasonable price. Couldn't ask for more!

• Visited October 2013