“Slow Service, overcooked steak”
Review of The Depot Grill

The Depot Grill
Ranked #5 of 131 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Slow Service, overcooked steak”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have been to The Depot before with decent results, the fact that we came again when there are so many options says something. The last trip there probably makes our last trip. We were seating fairly quick but then they were slow coming to take our order, the server was more interested in talking to the next table. It was obvious she had a relationship with the folks at that table. It took over an hour for our order to arrive after we were seated. They weren't that busy! When I cut my steak that was ordered medium rare, it was almost well done. When the server finally came to check on us my appetite was gone. They made almost no effort to correct the problem.
Last trip for us

Visited October 2013

Mountains of VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Depot Grill Review”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We have dined at The Depot Grill for many years at least 2x a month. Upon visiting there tonight we were highly disappointed to find the menu changed and entree prices increased by $5. This place was kind of pricey but now it really is! Service tonight was horrible, no napkins, no silverware, the waiter refilled my tea but not my husbands. Weird! And we sat for over 10 minutes before anyone acknowledged us. We won't be back for awhile!

Visited July 2014
Staunton, VA
“Did not like this at all”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant on a late Sunday morning. We had read some pretty good reviews. We were disappointed. I ordered the grilled shrimp on English muffins with poached eggs. The shrimp was so dry and overdone and not fresh and kinda tasted like Clorox .The English muffin was cold and barely toasted. My husbands steak was to fatty. The drink was warm that I ordered. The staff seemed to be having some sort of last nights hangover or some other problem in the back??
I did mention to our server that I did not like my meal and she did have someone take that off which was appreciated since I only ate about 1/4 of my meal. The grapes and pineapple were good in the fruit cup but, the honeydew and cantaloupe were underripe.
Not even the buns that were brought out were good. Maybe they were yesterday's leftovers.
We wanted another choice of a nice restaurant to take family and friends to when they came to visit and this is definitely not it.

Missoula, Montana
“Delicious Dinner at the Depot”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were enjoying the Staunton self-guided walking tour of the Wharf District (using the excellent free map--available at the Downtown Visitor Centor on New Street--that includes four historic Staunton historic districts) when we decided to read the menu posted outside the door of the Depot Grill. We continued walking and then returned for a great dinner. Friendly greetings from staff and servers met us, so we were ready to love this place, and we did. Our server had good advice about a local draft beer--delicious Three Brothers Virginia Dark Ale--and brought us a helpful sample. Our sandwiches (a grilled-portobello-and-vegetable and a crab-cake) and sides were very tasty.

• Visited July 2014
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I'd never heard of a Turkey Reuben before, and while aficionados may question the absence of corned beef, it was a good sandwich. Served with french fries and iced tea. Good food. Good service. Reasonable price.

Visited June 2014

Been to The Depot Grill? Share your experiences!