“Excellent lunchtime experience”
Review of Yelping Dog Wine

Yelping Dog Wine
Ranked #5 of 140 Restaurants in Staunton
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Wine and Gift store specializing in gourmet cheeses, meats, and grilled cheese sandwiches. Wine sold by the bottle or by the glass. 50 Craft beers available as well!
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great selection of local and other wines and bottled beers. Don't miss the lovely cheese platters. Also great for pre-dinner drinks.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

What a surprising little venue in Staunton, VA. We walked in near the end of their posted hours....the staff was very welcoming. Great grilled cheese sandwiches and a wide variety of cheese to nibble on with your wine. I will return!

1  Thank Jgbsju
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I recently visited the Yelping Dog with my friends on our Girl's-Night-Out. We arrived right around 6:00 when the wine-tasting was about to begin, but others were there before us, so we had to wait. My friends had been there before, but I had not and didn't really know the routine. We pulled up a seat at a table next to the designated wine-tasting table and hung out, waiting for our turn. We ordered waters and 2 of the girls ordered cheese plates while we were waiting. As it turned out, just as the first group was finishing their tasting, a couple other people came in and walked up to begin their wine-tasting while we were ignored. We ended up all crowding around and we did get to taste although I was too far away to hear any of the explanations about the wines we were tasting. Regardless, we then ordered a bottle of wine and a couple more cheese plates to enjoy while there. The cheese plates were all rather nice (though a bit pricey at $9 each) with some combination of fruits or veggies, 2 types a crackers, a nice handful of plump walnuts, along with 2 wedges of cheese. The staff was very friendly and the service was good so overall, it was a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Gloria H
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This place has great prices on bottles of wine and you are not charged a corkage fee when you order a bottle to have with your meal.
To add to that, the BEST grilled cheese sandwiches you can imagine!
My only regret is that I was leaving town right after this meal....I would come back again and again.
Service, value, food and the WINE were excellent!!!!!
You gotta check this place out!!!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

A great spot in downtown Staunton. The Yelping Dog serves a wide variety of interesting wines, beers and ciders. Their food menu is limited but delicious. Tomato soup, several interesting cheese and fruit platters, four fabulous gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and a dense chocolate cake...that's the entire menu but it is all that is needed at this terrific casual gem.