“A Historic Property in a Charming Town”

Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were very fortunate to book a night at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel en route to North Carolina. What a lovely, restored hotel! We were equally charmed by the beautiful town of Staunton with all of his historic offerings, including the birthplace of President Woodrow Wilson which is only a stone's throw from the hotel. Our room at the hotel was spacious and very clean. The lobby was well appointed and featured many photos and memorabilia from the hotel's past. Breakfast wasn't included, so we paid for a fairly typical, nothing special breakfast buffet at the hotel. Next time, we might try a local coffee shop instead. On site parking is additional without a hotel package. Overall, the hotel staff was friendly and courteous. We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

1  Thank Naturelover212
Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had driven through and around Staunton a couple of times in the past with the promise to myself that I would come back and stay. I was camping outside of town on a road-trip from New York, and had a night open later in the week with nowhere planned to stay. I drove into town and instantly loved everything I saw. Staunton is the quintessential restored, historical main street. I walked into the Stonewall Jackson (dressed in "camping clothes", and was still treated wonderfully) thinking that it would be out of my price range. It was a little high priced but not as extravagant as I thought it would be, and really was the best location in town. I had a basic, small room, but it was beautiful. Have to admit, I did not spend any time in the room, but the town itself is fantastic. I had a great buffet breakfast in the Hotel in the morning, and stayed around in town as long as I could. Stay more than a day if you can.

Room Tip: Find any discounts you can. Ask at the desk. The more we talked, the lower the rate got. If you d...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is our second trip to Staunton and we highly recommend the Stonewall Jackson. Beautiful restored hotel, spacious rooms, attentive staff, great breakfast! Very convenient to Blackfriars Playhouse, shopping and great restaurants ! Check out the packages with theatre and breakfast!
Convenient parking on site.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We got a fantastic deal on this hotel using priceline. Didn't know this is where we'd end up until after we purchased. The only catch is that they put us in a handicap accessible room, but that was no big deal to us. The room was very comfortable and the view was beautiful overlooking the historic downtown. Would love to stay again.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

When I first saw the sign on top of building, I thought, old hotel. The sign made it easy to find! The hotel is gorgeous. The hotel was clean and nicely appointed. Rooms are small, but large enough. Common areas are large enough to mingle or simply relax. It has a fitness center and a pool. Attached parking garage, which you will need. Park your car and walk.The town has so many great restaurants and attractions within walking distance. The staff is friendly and quite accomodating for any special needs or requests. This was definitely a place that we will return to when not on business. My best summarization would have to be first class all the way.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014

As soon as I walked into the hotel the lobby it took my breathe away. It was beautiful and very historic looking. My room was clean, but it was really small. It was just me traveling so I could manage but if I had more people with me it was be really cramped. I went to use the workout room/ pool and they were both small yet clean. I figured with how big the hotel was, these facilities would be bigger. The breakfast however, was really good. There was a lot of great food choices. Overall, a good experience here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Amber K
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I can add little to the glowing reviews that others have posted. It is centrally located in historic Staunton. In fact the Blackfriar Playhouse is right next door. The interior of the hotel is beautiful, and the staff is very courteous. The rooms are large enough, were spotlessly clean, and were very quiet. The bedding was very comfortable. The pool was clean and nice. The exercise room appeared to be clean and well equipped. The breakfast buffet was very good, and again the staff was very courteous. We look forward to another visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staunton
Best Western Staunton Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 14 in Staunton
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Howard Johnson Express Inn Staunton

Been to Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!