“comfortable and convenient”

Best Western Staunton Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel is right off the highway so it has easy access to reach and then depart from. It has a tiny pool and offers breakfast. The breakfast bar is new and clean. There were lots of choices for breakfast items. The elevator was broken and they found first floor rooms for us. Then it happened to be fixed just before we checked in and we were given back rooms , but not the ones we originally booked. Overall, it was a good place to spend a night and hop right back on to the hghway after a satisfactory breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thanks for visiting with us! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and for mentioning our great location. We are an easy exit off of I-81 at exit 222 and just a mile from I-64. There are several restaurants nearby as well as shopping and fuel.
We recently completed an addition of a new breakfast bar and we have a large selection of items to start your morning.
I hope you will visit us again. If I can assist with future reservations, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stay here very year. Solid service and accommodations every time. Staff was very friendly. Rooms are clean and well maintained. The elevators were not working but its only because they are currently going through a renovation. The hotel is only four floors so not really a major inconvenience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thanks for being a repeat guest. We enjoy seeing our friends as they travel.
Good news....The elevator is up and running!!!! Yahoo!!! I rode it myself yesterday and it is a smooooth ride.
Thanks for mentioning our service in your review. We pride ourselves in having a family atmosphere with all of our staff members and hopefully that atmosphere runs over to our guests.
Please visit us again as you travel through the beautiful state of Virginia. If I can assist with future reservations, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Travelling to and from Florida, we stayed at several Best Westerns. I am impressed with the consisggent high quality of the staff and facilities. It is good to know that you can count on a good night's sleep when travelling.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for choosing Best Western as you travel. It is nice to know there are people loyal to one brand and stick with them. We strive each day to exceed the standards set forth by Best Western because we want only the best for our guests.
I hope you will continue to stay at Best Westerns and I hope you will visit us in Staunton when you travel through the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia,
Thanks for your review. Please keep writing them as you travel. They are very important to us as hotel owners and operators.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The staff is very accommodating and the value received is excellent. They have remodeled the breakfast area which serves to accommodate their visitors in a very orderly manner with excellent choices on the menu. Located very close to excellent family lunch and dinner restaurants. The added touch to the room décor is the gift of a little rubber ducky as a souvenir, we now have six of them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks so much for your review and for being a repeat guest.
We have done a lot to the hotel over the winter months. I'm glad you noticed our hard work and enjoyed the new breakfast bar area and expanded menu. I hope there is something for everyone, if not let me know and we'll see about adding it.
Make sure you add to your duck collection on your next visit. If your duck travels with you, I would love to see pictures of the adventures. Some people have sent some really funny pictures of their ducks as they travel.
If you would like to share pictures or have suggestions for additions to the breakfast menu, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks for traveling and staying at the Best Western Staunton Inn.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel has been completely renovated. The rooms are spacious, with two recliners for comfort. The breakfast room offers a good selection of hot foods. While we didn't use the pool, it looked very clean and inviting. However, the price of the rooms has gone up accordingly.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thanks so much for your review. We have done a lot of work over the winter months to make our hotel more enjoyable for our guests. Thanks for noticing and pointing them out. We have added a large new breakfast area and expanded our food selection.
Thanks for staying with us and I hope you will visit us again soon. If I can assist with future reservation, please let me know. You can contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks for being out guest!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the way to and back from Pigeon Forge, Tenn. The hotel was very nice with a small indoor pool that is right off of the main lobby. The continental breakfast was very nice and they always had coffee available which is great to have with a piece of pie from Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant next door (best pie ever). The only draw back we had was that the elevator was broken on the way down and when we stayed a week later it was still broke. There is a train that goes by a few times a night so depending on where your room is located, it does disrupt your sleep.

Room Tip: Check to see if the elevator has been fixed if you have trouble climbing stairs. Ask for a room far...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thanks so much for your review.
I'm sorry the elevator is still out of service, but let me give you the story behind it and maybe you'll understand. We have a service contract with our elevator repair service and they do a monthly preventative maintenance service of the equipment. Well this elevator happens to be 26 years old and as such, has lived it's life! The main hydraulic piston that actually works the elevator, quit working. This is not a minor repair, but a major undertaking. First we had to wait for a new piston to be custom manufactured and shipped to us. Then work began to remove the old piston and install the new. This meant digging it up from the ground in the elevator shaft. All to the tune of about $30,000.00. YIKES! The good news...the elevator should be functioning again this coming Monday or Tuesday, April 22-23.
I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you and any of our other guests. Believe me, if there was anything we could have done to prevent this, we would have.
Other than the elevator, I'm pleased your stay on both trips was enjoyable. I'm so happy you stayed with us twice on your trip. Please come see us again and I'm positive the elevator will be functioning properly. If I can help with future reservations, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel was comfortable when I stayed last year. This year the elevator didn't work , the room was by the trains, and the bed was terrible. I stay in Staunton at least twice yearly and I probably will not return to this one.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your comments. Our elevator is having some major repair work that is taking longer than expected, but several parts had to be custom made and shipped in for installation. The elevator should be functioning again in a few days.
I hope you will give us another try. If I can help with reservation, please feel free to contact me at 540-992-4077 or email me at cia@rbnet.com.