“Good hotel;poor sleep quality”

BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
“Good hotel;poor sleep quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We generally enjoy staying at Best Western hotels while traveling, and thought we had found another good hotel here. Check-in was a pleasure ( Angelique was quite helpful ), the room was large, and clean, and we looked forward to a pleasant one-night stay. What no one mentioned was that there were train tracks right behind the hotel, about 100 feet from our first floor room window. Three freight trains rumbling past between 4:10 am and 6:45 am made for a terrible night's sleep, which is exactly what is NOT needed on a long, multi-day trip on the roads. While amenities here are good, if the hotel cannot provide good sleep quality, it is simply not meeting its primary goal !! We definitely did not get what we paid for, and what we have a right to expect here !! First floor rooms facing the back of the hotel are definitely to be avoided. Management must be aware of this but never said a thing. Something quite wrong with this.

Room Tip: Definitely avoid first floor rooms with even numbers. They are quite close to train tracks and noisy...
1 Thank RobertLevenson
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thanks for your comments. We started off great and then the trains came through. I'm sorry if the desk staff didn't inform you in advance of the trains. They are usually really good at letting everyone know of the train tracks behind the hotel. Unfortunately, these trains are freight trains and do not run on a regular schedule. We never know when one will come by.
I hope you will try us again on your return trip. We can provide you with a room in a different part of the hotel which might not disturb your sleep. I would be happy to assist with reservations. Contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks!
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Staten Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great stay at this hotel. After a long day on the road was very happy with the room and staff. Very comfortable bed, Room was nice and large, bathroom very nice. Nice indoor pool. Restaurants nearby for dinner or breakfast.Thanks. Highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm glad you got a good night's sleep from your long day on the road.
Please visit us again on your return trip. I would be happy to make reservations for you. Contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Thanks,
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel is right off the highway so it has easy access to reach and then depart from. It has a tiny pool and offers breakfast. The breakfast bar is new and clean. There were lots of choices for breakfast items. The elevator was broken and they found first floor rooms for us. Then it happened to be fixed just before we checked in and we were given back rooms , but not the ones we originally booked. Overall, it was a good place to spend a night and hop right back on to the hghway after a satisfactory breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for visiting with us! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and for mentioning our great location. We are an easy exit off of I-81 at exit 222 and just a mile from I-64. There are several restaurants nearby as well as shopping and fuel.
We recently completed an addition of a new breakfast bar and we have a large selection of items to start your morning.
I hope you will visit us again. If I can assist with future reservations, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
meriden, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stay here very year. Solid service and accommodations every time. Staff was very friendly. Rooms are clean and well maintained. The elevators were not working but its only because they are currently going through a renovation. The hotel is only four floors so not really a major inconvenience.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thanks for being a repeat guest. We enjoy seeing our friends as they travel.
Good news....The elevator is up and running!!!! Yahoo!!! I rode it myself yesterday and it is a smooooth ride.
Thanks for mentioning our service in your review. We pride ourselves in having a family atmosphere with all of our staff members and hopefully that atmosphere runs over to our guests.
Please visit us again as you travel through the beautiful state of Virginia. If I can assist with future reservations, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks,
Middleton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Travelling to and from Florida, we stayed at several Best Westerns. I am impressed with the consisggent high quality of the staff and facilities. It is good to know that you can count on a good night's sleep when travelling.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for choosing Best Western as you travel. It is nice to know there are people loyal to one brand and stick with them. We strive each day to exceed the standards set forth by Best Western because we want only the best for our guests.
I hope you will continue to stay at Best Westerns and I hope you will visit us in Staunton when you travel through the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia,
Thanks for your review. Please keep writing them as you travel. They are very important to us as hotel owners and operators.
Greenville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The staff is very accommodating and the value received is excellent. They have remodeled the breakfast area which serves to accommodate their visitors in a very orderly manner with excellent choices on the menu. Located very close to excellent family lunch and dinner restaurants. The added touch to the room décor is the gift of a little rubber ducky as a souvenir, we now have six of them.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks so much for your review and for being a repeat guest.
We have done a lot to the hotel over the winter months. I'm glad you noticed our hard work and enjoyed the new breakfast bar area and expanded menu. I hope there is something for everyone, if not let me know and we'll see about adding it.
Make sure you add to your duck collection on your next visit. If your duck travels with you, I would love to see pictures of the adventures. Some people have sent some really funny pictures of their ducks as they travel.
If you would like to share pictures or have suggestions for additions to the breakfast menu, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks for traveling and staying at the Best Western Staunton Inn.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel has been completely renovated. The rooms are spacious, with two recliners for comfort. The breakfast room offers a good selection of hot foods. While we didn't use the pool, it looked very clean and inviting. However, the price of the rooms has gone up accordingly.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thanks so much for your review. We have done a lot of work over the winter months to make our hotel more enjoyable for our guests. Thanks for noticing and pointing them out. We have added a large new breakfast area and expanded our food selection.
Thanks for staying with us and I hope you will visit us again soon. If I can assist with future reservation, please let me know. You can contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks for being out guest!