“Nice, except for the trains going by outside my room day and night”

Best Western Staunton Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Massachusetts
“Nice, except for the trains going by outside my room day and night”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel is fine, good breakfast, staff is very nice and the pool is nice. However, when I booked, there was no mention on their website that is was possible my room could be facing very actively used railroad tracks. When I got there, they let me know and asked me to sign a waiver. That was a first for me. If I had known I might have a room with trains rumbling by every few hours I would not have stayed here. If you are a sound sleeper, this hotel is fine. If not, better insist on a non-track rook before booking and get it in writing.

Room Tip: Insist on a room not facing the railroad tracks unless you are a sound sleeper. If they can't p...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for the positive comments concerning your stay at our Best Western. I'm sorry you were not informed ahead of time about the train. It is unscheduled,so sometimes there are no trainsHowever, it looks like that was not the case during your stay. Your suggestion about requesting a front side room is the answer to the train situation. I hope you will stay with us again and remember- front side. If I can be of any assistance please let me know
540-885-1112
bw48lm91@yahoo.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Indiana, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great price, clean rooms and excellent breakfast selection. We stay at this hotel quite frequently when traveling to visit our grandchildren and have found the facility to be clean, accommodating and well priced. The staff is friendly and helpful and restaurants are close by. Would recommend this BW as a great place to stay.,

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thanks so much for making us your home away from home when visiting the grandchildren. I'm pleased we have been able to take care of your stay on previous trips. I hope you visit us again soon. If I can be of assistance with future reservations, please contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Estero, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This is an old hotel but well cared for. The indoor pool was extremely clean for our evening water exercise routine. Mrs. ROWE's restaurant next door was excellent. Most every store downtown is closed on Mon & Tues which was disappointing, as it is very quaint.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for visiting us! I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy downtown Staunton. It is a quaint, older downtown with many unique shops.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western. I hope you will visit us again soon.
Florida, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was very clean, staff very courteous and professional, and access to and from the interstate very easy. Hotel staff and housekeepers were outstanding. Bob, the individual at the hotel desk was very courteous and professional. He was the first Best Western hotel manager who informed me that Best Western gave an additional discount for veterans.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your comments for future guests. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you return to visit us again.
If I can be of future assistance, please contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Booked this one short notice on a Saturday night. Was aware the room booked was next to the railroad track as this was clearly articulated on the BW Web Site.
Arrival was an absolute delight - What a lovely young lady to have on the reception. She just made you feel so welcome and was so efficient.
Room 320 was very nice with 2 arm chairs so that both of us could sit and use out computers to check what was happening in the world. Internet WiFI was excellent.
Beds were comfortable and they even had a list of TV channels/ station numbers so that I could work out how to find a program- pity some other hotels did not pick up on this one.
Hotel is in quiet location. I was awoken during the night by a train passing close by but immediately returned to a great nights sleep.
Bathroom was clean and everything functioned perfectly.
Breakfast was excellent - the standard of service in the breakfast area puts other hotels to shame. A great range of everything and staff constantly maintaining an exceptional standard in the area.
This is the best service I have seen in at least the last 100 motels I have stayed at in the last 18 months
You will not regret any decision to stay in this motel. You even get a complimentary rubber ducky to take away with you as a momento.
10/10 without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased your stay was so enjoyable and you picked us as the best hotel in the past 18 months of travel. What a compliment!!!
Our friendly rubber duck is a way for our guests to remember us and hopefully return again, Some people have fun with our ducks and photograph them on their travels. If you decide to take pictures of them, please share them with me at cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks again for your delightful comments.
Oakdale, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I could not believe that there was no extra charge for my two dogs. There is an area that you can walk your dogs for that late night last call before going to sleep. Both of our dogs and their masters had a very good sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

When we say "Pet Friendly", we really mean it!!! The manager, Joan Rush is an avid pet lover. She has been known to take care of many stray animals and find them a loving home.
I'm pleased both you and your pets found our hotel enjoyable and relaxing. I hope you will visit us again soon, and make sure you bring the bogs for a visit!
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Best western Staunton Inn VA in early May this year.
Nice clean typical what you expect from a Best Western.
Staff were exceptional.
Room was spacious and well furnished and comfortable.
Breakfast was good.
Location was good for us.
Would recommend this Hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Joan R, General Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your comments. It sounds like you were traveling throught the US. I am very happy you chose our hotel. Should you travel this way again keep us in mind.