“Lovely B&B, great stay”

Ranked #1 of 12 Staunton B&B and Inns
Alexandria, Virginia
“Lovely B&B, great stay”
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We really enjoyed our visit to the Inn at Old Virginia. We stayed in the "Barn" building, which is newly-built and we thought very nice. We enjoyed the common area with its fireplace and comfortable furnishings. Our room was a tad small, but very nice, and had a nice/clean bathroom. it was too cold to enjoy the view from the porch, but those visiting in warmer weather likely would enjoy it. The Inn does host weddings/events and when we stayed we weren't able to hang out in the nice atrium due to an event. But we enjoyed a nice breakfast there in the morning. all around, we'd recommend this inn to others traveling to Staunton.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Reviewed 18 January 2011

The inn was charming and immaculate, and located in a charming setting. The barn renovation was beautiful and well appointed. The innkeeper and owner were very helpful and pleasant. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We spent a very wonderful night there. I planned this trip before as a surprise to my wife for her birthday, our anniversary. I tried to contact with the owner Eve about how she can help me to make it, and Eve was very nice and kind to help me for preparing the birthday cake and roses. As I requested, her staff Deana, also a very nice lady, brought the surprising cake after we got back to our room after dinner, which really surprised my wife. The next morning, the roses showed up during the best breakfast I've had in B&B inn, which became another surprise to my wife. They made my plan perfectly accomplished.
As the Inn at Old Virginia itself, the location is perfect, easy to find, 5 mins to downtown Staunton. It also has amazing view from the sunny dinning room. All the decorations are the style I like,every corner could be a beautiful picture. In the library you can pick your favorite movie from tons of DVDs and play in your room. Everything there just really makes you feel at home. Some packages may even include $50 gift card you can spend for dinner or shopping in downtown, as well as a bottle of wine and some yummy bread, isn't that amazing...
I'm very thankful for Eve and Deana's kindness and love they extended to people,they are not just running a business. I love the home feeling like we were staying at a friend's house instead of a room I rent in hotel or inn.
I will definitely go back to stay for weekend,escape,or vacation... will strongly recommend to my friends... because it is a cozy warm home!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Northeast PA
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We felt at home as soon as we arrived. Our room in the main house was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was served in a large sunroom at tables for 2 or for 4, which we loved. I do not enjoy having to make conversation with strangers at breakfast. The owner and the staff members were all helpful, informative and gracious.
This B&B is several miles from downtown Staunton, but we felt it was worth the drive.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosesniffer
Maryland
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I cannot wait to return to the Inn at Old Virginia. The house is lovely and the rooms are beautifully decorated without being fussy. The bed in our room in the main house was a sleep number, so we could adjust the firmness. The house is spotless, as are the rooms and baths.
Breakfast is served in a glass conservatory overlooking pastures. We had quiche, homemade muffins, fruit, yogurt and great coffee.
Eve, the owner, was beyond helpful in making sure we knew our way around the town and surroundings and that we enjoyed our dinner out.
Staunton has attractions for everyone, from nearby hiking or farm visits to restaurants using local ingredients and the Shakespeare theater.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed 7 August 2010

My husband and I stayed for five nights at the Inn at Old Virginia and we loved it. The guest rooms were each decorated in beautiful fabrics and antique furnishings. I loved our room so much I want to decorate my bedroom at home like it. The Innkeeper, Eve, is such a lovely, down-to-earth person and made us feel at home and welcome immediately. She is also a wealth of knowledge about the area and recommended some great restaurants in Staunton. Getta, the cook made us mouth-watering breakfasts every morning. The Inn at Old Virginia is a must if you are in the Staunton area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We heartily recommend a stay at this inn, which we considered a serendipitous highlight of our one-week vacation.

We had chosen Staunton as a promising stopover convenient to I-81, but our expectations were far exceeded. Upon our Sunday early evening check-in, Eve, the innkeeper, very graciously showed us around and explained every point that might enhance our stay. We casually mentioned that we had an interest in the American Shakespeare Center but were under the impression that there were no performances on Sunday evenings. Eve said she thougt there might actually be an exception this week, and a performance that evening. She immediately checked the schedule, and told us there was a Sunday night performance of "Othello." She presented us with a map and marked it for us with the locations of the theater, a convenient and good restaurant, and easy driving directions from the inn. Eve's efficiency and eagerness to accommodate our desires were impressive and much appreciated.

We headed out, and husband and I went directly to the restaurant and ordered for the three of us, while our daughter walked the couple of blocks from the restaurant to the theater and got us rush tickets for the performance. We enjoyed a lovely dinner and a truly special performance that night, and also enjoyed walking through the charming town. It was a great evening, thanks to Eve's intervention.

The next morning we explored the Museum of American Frontier Culture before resuming our road trip.

Meanwhile, we had an absolutely lovely overnight at the inn, in a charming, spacious, and very comfortable room in the main house. A delicious gourmet breakfast, very graciously served, enhanced the next morning.

Should we pass that way again, we would absolutely return to the Inn at Old Virginia.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family