“Great place”

Inn at Old Virginia
Ranked #1 of 12 Staunton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The Inn is in a wonderful setting. We stayed in the Cpt. Lewis Harman room which is in the main house. The room was clean, spacious and well appointed as was the entire inn. The innkeeper and her associated were welcoming and very gracious. An outstanding B&B experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2011

My girlfriend and I went to the Inn for a quick weekend getaway. As I arrived there was some sort of event in progress. The guests thought that I was somehow part of their event...a little disconcerting given that I'm a single guy and it looked like a baby or bridal shower. Well, the owner quickly came to my rescue and whisked me out of that crowd. Thank you for that Eve!

We were in a detached building called "The Barn." The barn doesn't look like any barn I've seen. It's a wonderful building with individual rooms surrounding a central living room/common area with a large stone fireplace and view out over the pastures...very relaxing. I can't tell for sure but it looks like every room has an exterior door that leads out to a deck. I know our room did and it looked like all the others as well.

The room was very nice. Everything was absolutely clean and as Eve showed me the room she pointed out all the things you need to know but don't know to ask...does the door automatically lock? What outlets are switched? Oh, did I mention the select comfort bed in our room?

My girlfriend, knowing my quest for the best ice cream in the world, forewarned Eve to tell me where their local best was. I got to say, it was a top contender. Other restaurant and activity suggestions were available for the asking, including maps and directions.

Breakfast was served the next day in a wonderful glass enclosed room. Don't worry though, there are shades over the glass ceiling to keep the temperature comfortable. Give Virginia humidity, it was little being outside for breakfast while still being dry.

All in all, a very relaxing overnight trip to the mountains of Virginia and a very wonderful little town of Staunton, VA. The Inn was close enough to the interstate to be perfect for "passing through" but was far enough away and on a big enough parcel of land that you didn't even know where the next neighboring house was.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NOVA_DON
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed in a room in the main house of the Inn and were very comfortable. The owner and staff were extremely nice. Breakfast was delicious and the grounds are gorgeous.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We have been traveling for the past two weeks and have stayed in six different b&b's in Virginia, Maryland and Delaware. The Inn at Old Virginia was our favorite one of all...because the room was incredibly large, great comfortable bed, thick and high quality towels, large bathroom and yummy breakfasts and very friendly staff! The Inn is full of great antiques from England. Plus the price is amazing for such a great place! We hope to be back someday!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carlaAtlanta_GA
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We really enjoyed our visit to the Inn at Old Virginia. We stayed in the "Barn" building, which is newly-built and we thought very nice. We enjoyed the common area with its fireplace and comfortable furnishings. Our room was a tad small, but very nice, and had a nice/clean bathroom. it was too cold to enjoy the view from the porch, but those visiting in warmer weather likely would enjoy it. The Inn does host weddings/events and when we stayed we weren't able to hang out in the nice atrium due to an event. But we enjoyed a nice breakfast there in the morning. all around, we'd recommend this inn to others traveling to Staunton.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2011

The inn was charming and immaculate, and located in a charming setting. The barn renovation was beautiful and well appointed. The innkeeper and owner were very helpful and pleasant. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We spent a very wonderful night there. I planned this trip before as a surprise to my wife for her birthday, our anniversary. I tried to contact with the owner Eve about how she can help me to make it, and Eve was very nice and kind to help me for preparing the birthday cake and roses. As I requested, her staff Deana, also a very nice lady, brought the surprising cake after we got back to our room after dinner, which really surprised my wife. The next morning, the roses showed up during the best breakfast I've had in B&B inn, which became another surprise to my wife. They made my plan perfectly accomplished.
As the Inn at Old Virginia itself, the location is perfect, easy to find, 5 mins to downtown Staunton. It also has amazing view from the sunny dinning room. All the decorations are the style I like,every corner could be a beautiful picture. In the library you can pick your favorite movie from tons of DVDs and play in your room. Everything there just really makes you feel at home. Some packages may even include $50 gift card you can spend for dinner or shopping in downtown, as well as a bottle of wine and some yummy bread, isn't that amazing...
I'm very thankful for Eve and Deana's kindness and love they extended to people,they are not just running a business. I love the home feeling like we were staying at a friend's house instead of a room I rent in hotel or inn.
I will definitely go back to stay for weekend,escape,or vacation... will strongly recommend to my friends... because it is a cozy warm home!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staunton
Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center
#6 of 12 in Staunton
Iris Inn
Iris Inn
#1 of 3 in Waynesboro

Been to Inn at Old Virginia? Share your experiences!