“Enjoyable”

Ranked #10 of 131 Restaurants in Staunton
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A charming cafe & grocery in a historic building, Staunton's beloved health food store/restaurant is a must-see. Here locals and tourists alike gather to chat, shop, explore, and eat. Cranberry's is about 20 steps from the tourist center/parking garage and just around the corner from the American Shakespeare Company.
Aberdeen, Maryland
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The place was very quaint and comfortable. They has kombucha on tap (which was amazing, and the first time I had it). My wife and I picked up sandwiches to eat back at the Bed and Breakfast. Both the Thai Chicken wrap and the Turkey reuban were amazing tasting.

1 Thank jnphillips2014

Michigan
“Like many other places across the country”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is a locals' gathering place. We had breakfast here and the service was fine. You order and pay at a counter - it's more like fast food The food was over-priced in my view and was what I would term average; not bad, but not that memorable.

1 Thank dave62
Virginia
“Small sandwich but tasty”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Pet friendly, but rainy so we opted to leave the pup behind. Has a small eating area inside. The sandwich was good, but small for the price. But very good.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Nav1go
Orange, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great California Experience in Virginia”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This place reminds me of a grocery I used to haunt in California that no longer exists. We enjoyed perusing the aisles, but also enjoyed many a quiche in the eatery - both gluten-free and quick. The staff was also very warm and friendly.

Visited August 2014
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've eaten in this restaurant probably 7 years ago but havn't been back to Staunton until August of this year. I took my daughter with me and she fell in love with the store the minute we walked in. Lots of organic, homeopathic and aromatheropy items. It's not whole foods or the fresh market but it makes up for that in the quantness of the store and building and the food they serve. If you want open isles of endless possibilities and choices this is not the place for you. It is cramped on Saturdays which is the same day Staunton has their local farmers market during the summer months. We decided to eat breakfast which is served all day and we ordered our food around noon. My daughter had the waffle with fresh fruit and whipped cream and I had the Noahs Ark. 2 eggs, 2 sausage links from Polyface farms, 2 slices wheat toast. My daughter commented that the whipped cream wasn't store bought and she could tell they made it fresh. She ate the whole waffle and my plate was equally as clean when we left. Price was reasonable & staff was as freindly as could be considering how busy they were. If you're in Staunton, stop in and have a great breakfast. Eat at one of their tables on the street if you get a chance.