“Awesome experience!”

Pompei Lounge
Ranked #69 of 129 Restaurants in Staunton
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Pompei Lounge is located on the third and fourth floors of Emilio's Italian Restaurant and offers a unique space featuring three private lounges and a dining room. Cozy up in front of one of our five fireplaces in the winter and enjoy outdoor dining on our patio or balcony in the warmer months. Pompei opens at 5pm and serves the same fine dining Italian menu as Emilio's until dinner service ends at 9:30 during the week and 10:30 on Fridays and Saturdays. Pompei stays open after Emilio's closes and serves a fantastic late night menu including freshly prepared gourmet burgers to pair with one of our many craft beers. The Lounge features a full bar including more than thirty beer choices, an extensive and carefully selected wine list and over one hundred distilled spirits. Locals and visitors alike enjoy quiet conversation in a lounge or one of the many entertainment options throughout the week including trivia night and karaoke as well as live music.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

Not sure what the other reviews are going on about. My experience at this establishment has always been positive. Friendly staff, awesome service and great drink prices. They have live music on weekends which is a plus.
As far as the review from New Years Eve is concerned (I was there that night) I think the following should be noted:
They were at capacity and had 4 people on staff that night. The place was packed! While service may have been slower than a normal night, I felt like the staff acted with speed, efficiency and professionalism to the best of their ability. Everyone seemed to be having an awesome time.
As far as tipping goes... I have worked as a bartender before. Maybe some people dont realize that, in the service industry, tipping is the sole form if income. While I will say that a bartender should not call anyone out on not tipping it is understandable why they would serve customers who were tipping first. Also a note to everyone: If you are running a tab, you tip at the end. If you are paying as you go, you tip as you go. Simple.
Just saying. :-)

1 Thank BlossomScar

Staunton, Virginia
“Unprofessional, not worth it...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Every time I've been there, the staff was unfriendly and asked for tips. I'm sorry but that is very unprofessional in my opinion. One time in particular, the bouncer told us "It's customary to tip your bartender", even though we were planning on doing so at the end of the night. I believe it's not customary to ask for tips in the first place so he needs to check his logic there. I would not suggest going there unless you feel like getting horassed the entire time for tips...

• Visited December 2011